My girlfriend DJ'ing!!!!

Discussion in 'Music' started by RIP-MK3, Jan 8, 2008.

1. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

My missus bought some new pioneer CDJ's before christmas, spent sunday half building a little corner of our room for her to use.

Going to put the CDJ's on a raised platform and then paint it all.... just in case your into DJ'ing!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 27, 2008
  2. jakeireland Forum Member

aaahh safe hows she finding them? Used them many a time :)

It would be between those and the numark iCDX..

Im mainly a vinyl man myself though! :)

Wish my girlfriend did it! saying that, she has helped a bit :) looks great, woman on the decks :)

3. Seraph Banned

All the gear, no idea !?

Or is she any good?

4. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

well she is used to them anyway because nearly all the clubs have them. Havent used the numark one's tbh.

I have only just got used to CDJ's, started on Numark tt200.
    Ive been playing with the Pioneer's in Vinyl mode and it is amazing! adjusting the release etc and the way it responds is just magic!!

She is getting on good, should be a good year for her hopefully fingers crossed!!

5. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

she is pretty good tbf, she has only been doing it a year and has played at BCM in Majorca etc...

6. jakeireland Forum Member

bloody hell :clap: :clap:

good luck to her, wish i knew how to get opportunities like that!! i spose i am only 18 though!

edit....

p.s: that setups a lot different to clubs though, i use a pioneer djm600 mixer, and the clubs i'v played in have had similar,and compared to that DXM it must be a pretty big step up! Also the no-vinyl element must come up at some point?

my setup is 2 numark ttxusb decks, a pair of numark axis9s, pioneer djm600 mixer, kaoss pad 2, and my laptop.
    most clubs are similar on the setup, mostly using 1210s though, with one using the numarks iv got :)

Last edited: Jan 8, 2008
  7. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

that mixer is my flat mates, she has a Behringer mixer that she lent to a friend before xmas so he could do a few gigs with it over the xmas period.

It was cheaper than my mates DMX to be honest but is alot better imo, they are such good mixers for the money.

My house mate has Axis 4's dont like them tbh, the 9's are supposed to be alot better arn't they?

She gets the opportunities through her contacts through modeling etc, she is signed to www.dirtylittlefunkers.com who get her gigs etc.

I hope vinyl will make a come back but it probably wont!!!!!!!

8. jakeireland Forum Member

ahh cool, i think i know the mixer you're on about, i used to have one and got it for backup now!
    I havnt used the Axis 4's tbh, but im pretty sure the 9's are a lot better, or they should be for the price anyway! Looking at going for some of the new numarks, but moneys tight atm with the project car!
    And yep, we can all hope vinyl will make a comeback :)

9. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

we are getting our own place soon, then I will be getting a decent mixer and a nice new amp and speaker set up so it all sounds better. Its a bit make shift atm!!

what sort of stuff do you play?

10. jakeireland Forum Member

i play drum n bass mainly. also like a bit of funky house and old school funk ;) Keep those to myself though! If im playing somewhere it'l be d'n'b, the new stuff aswell as the old. mainly new though, some of the new stuff coming from hospital at the moment is pretty ground breaking :)

11. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

my girlfriend plays electro house, but we both prefer trance tbh. Like some dnb but find a whole night of it bit too much. Saw Roni Size at homelands few years back though which was immense!!! where you live?

Were off to Slinky back at the Opera house to see Eddie Halliwell end of this month! cant wait...

12. Olly_P Forum Member

Good to see a few other DJ's on here! I play out most weeks, play liquid D&B and Breaks. Trying to save up for some CDJ's at the moment, think i'm going to go for the mk2 800's, pretty much the same as the 1000's but without the wave display. Any way, time for a bit of self promotion, should check out some of my mixes :thumbup: [:D]

Breaks:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?9myuym4tbzw
    http://www.mediafire.com/?dxyjx1mdcdx

D&B:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?723oxdjjwxy
    http://www.mediafire.com/?6df1rzdiznu

I also run a night with a mate in oxford, called bish bash bosh (don't ask, lol).

... oh and a nice set up you've got there, missing some 1210's though [:^(]

Last edited: Jan 10, 2008
  13. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

when we move i am going to incorporate some numark tt200's into it all!!!

14. Admin Guest

get her sets up man!!!

15. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

my mate bought a set few years back for bout 450 and hardly ever uses them, he's selling me them for 50!!!!! He has only gone through one set of cartridges so hardly used!!

Just don't have the room to incorporate it into the set up atm!

2moro I have trying to make some sort of system so we can adjust the angle the pioneers sit at as i like them more tilted than the missus. Im thinking a plate for them to sit on with non slip matting on with the bottom of the plate set up like a deck chair with little groves etc.... any one done anything like this??

[:s] [:s]

16. Admin Guest

sorry i was talking mix sets if you have an available?

17. Mk2gti8v Forum Member

wow. i dj but have never used cd mixers. you cant beat vinyl dj-ing, its the way it should be done, but most clubs have all the gear. technics turntables + vestax mixers, cant beat it!! (bit pricey though),

what style she into??

18. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

well she is into trance same as me..... but only really does electro house/funky house etc.
    She has only been doing it about 6months so still learning a lot. She is really good though, but then I'm like a proud Dad when I watch her lol

19. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

Up until now she has been using borrowed equipment so now we have our own stuff will set my laptop up to record some stuff.... need a MAC badly right now!!!!!!

20. Olly_P Forum Member

recordings simple and can be done one any comp. Use a line level out put, such as the 'booth output', and plug it into your comp. I've got a good external sound card so its easy, sure most decent desktop/laptops will have a line in though. I then use Adobe audition to record and 'normalize' the mix. I head sound forge is pretty good too.