My Mk5 Golf GTI

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by James W, Jan 31, 2017.

1. James W

James W Motorsport Moderator

I thought in would start a thread for my car, it's duties are daily to the train station & back up family car.

Last August I thought it was time to replace my Mk4 Golf V5 so got a Mk5 Golf GTI.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I didn't like the black wheels mainly as they where a bit curbed up so the wheels went off to a local company to be refurbished back into standard silver.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After a little while I found the passenger side lock had given up, so off come the outer door skin to replaced.
    [​IMG]

Next change would be the wing mirror covers, when I got the car it come with some carbon fibre look wing mirror covers.
    [​IMG]

The wing mirrors didn't look to good underneath so replace were found that had already be painted black.
    [​IMG]

2. James W

James W Motorsport Moderator

At the being of the year the MOT was due, sadly if failed on the exhaust blowing. Then after ringing around a few local exhaust place it would seem that the standard exhaust is a VW only part!

So with that I had a trip to Style Dynamics in Hayes for a custom stainless exhaust for half the price of a standard one, helped by a Club GTI discount. ;)

[​IMG]

I ended up going for cat back with 2 box systems, I didn't want to upset the neighbours or the kids. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

mk1 driver and Sirguydo like this.