My Rallye

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by joeblow90, Aug 26, 2018.

1. joeblow90

joeblow90 Paid Member Paid Member

Getting there IMG_20170503_185946.jpg IMG_20170401_163345.jpg IMG_20161020_133047.jpg

KeithMac likes this.
  2. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

Cool , standard or tweaked?

3. joeblow90

thanks Tristan. It has been tweaked a little. I bought it ages ago and the guy didn't tell me much about it. It was a steal so I grabbed it and run, or drove. he gave me a Audi s3 gearbox with it and loads of other bits. He insisted I put the box in it when I bought it so I did. Gt a mate put the box in and he said the only mod was to cut a couple of little slots out the centre console under the gear stick leather bit.

The engine has a red bottom end so he must have done something to it. Its bloody quick. He was a Mitsubishi mechanic so he probably knew his stuff.
    It came with a bypassed return supercharger pipe. Small pulley, etc. I just got the supercharger refurbed so put the original pulley on it what I got given with the car and the standard throttle body. the throttle body on it was bored right out, probably like whoever reads this by now! Its run shit ever since i changed them back to original. maybe chipped?

I love it though. A mate knew I was into old golfs. He said to me in the pub, my mates got an old golf that's been sitting in his drive for ages and he wanted to sell it. I asked what model it was and he phoned the guy and he said Mk2 Rallye. He asked £1400? almost like a question. Didn't have the heart to knock him down. Bought it over the phone without even looking at it.

Anyway You asked :)

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
  4. joeblow90

put standard wheels on it. Not convinced. Missing 2 hubcaps though. rallyexxx.jpg

5. joeblow90

Yes a bit damp inside. Left sunroof open !! Typical

6. joeblow90

its done 79,000 miles. wonder if it's an import. Its got white dials so rekon they could be stuck on to convert them to MPH. Could be 79,000 Kilometres. Happy days if it is :)

7. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

1400? You didn't buy it, you stole it! Lol