New house, got the keys, got started

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by 1990, Feb 27, 2016.

1. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

We got the keys Friday and got started straight away. We got the boiler fired up and the heating on for the first time in a few years.

First to go was the bush in the front garden so we could pull the wall down:
    [​IMG]

Next up was 5 runs to the tip to get rid of the stuff left in there

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once the inside was clear we couldn't resist hacking away at the back garden, view from the back bedroom

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And from the back door

[​IMG]

And a few random ones, it had been empty for ages and there had been a cat living in there at some point :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And a final one from inside the log cabin

[​IMG]

2. Sirguydo

Sirguydo Fastest milkman in the West Paid Member

Pictures look smart except for the funny looking folks doing the photo bombing lol
    Log cabin looks surprisingly dry for a building left unloved for 10 years [:D]

When cutting down trees always leave about 6 ft of trunk sticking up as you can yank on it with much greater leverage when cutting out the roots .

Top job looks it'll make a brilliant family home once sorted .

3. Gaz37 The Grouch. Paid Member

4. K7aus

K7aus Paid Member Paid Member

looks like a good sized house, great last picture.... Bear Grylls Love Shack!

5. nut 20v

nut 20v CGTI Regional Host - Birmingham & Midlands

you find any good stuff lol

6. nut 20v

I would have a BIG fire in that back garden

7. Finite

Finite Paid Member Paid Member

Like this lol

[video=youtube;wSnxevpSflM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSnxevpSflM[/video]

I'd whip the rest of those fire hazard polystyrene tiles down.

nut 20v likes this.
  8. blis Forum Member

Hey Ian!!!

You'd end up burning down the neighbourhood!!!

Now.. onto serious matters of the heart, I don't wish to post this in the official areas as those that stop by this thread are the folk you've created wonderful relationships with, so after many days contemplating and compiling my thoughts, here we go.

Dear Mr Howarth,

The very deepest sincere thank you for all you have done for CGTI, not only for me but for countless others in the world that rely on this wealth of knowledge. It goes deeper than that too, it was you who welcomed me with open arms, during the toughest times of my life, the tone was set, I felt committed, you were at the helm of the relationships and you took the duty of care to a whole new level, it was warming, the relationship was sincere and you have continued with integrity over the time I have been a member. There were hurdles you had to jump and jump higher than you expected, mountains you had to climb and a lot of baggage to deal with as well, you were majestic in the handling of the troubles surrounding the club and the members were all behind you and that said more about you than you know.

Good leaders are hard to come by, I'm serious, not everyone can wear the badge of a chairman and keep their feet planted in sensibility. You were empathetic to people like me thousands of miles from the club, you engage us, sharing your life, your work, your family and establishing transparency to who you are, a true gentleman. Look around you my friend, the Nige's, Toyotec's, RJ's are exceptional at what they do and many, many, other fabulous altruistic people followed you and that says a lot in my book.

So with utmost sincerity I will thank you, wish you the very best experience with your new home, I ask for you to share as much of your life with your charming young boys, care for what must be a wonderful woman to have put up with the challenges of being a chairman of a bunch of boys and their big toys and most importantly, take a look in the mirror next time and give that bloke a BIG HIGH FIVE from all of us, you're a champion of a man. With deepest pride and sincerity I wish you and your family the very best future.

Sincerely,

Harry Sinanian.

Brisbane, Australia.

EZ_Pete, 1990, WillG and 3 others like this.
  9. Gaz37 The Grouch. Paid Member

I think I'm going to cry

10. Sirguydo

Sirguydo Fastest milkman in the West Paid Member

Gaz for chairman lollollollollollollollollollol[8-}]

11. blis Forum Member

That goes for both of you too ^^ Champions everywhere in CGTI!

12. mk2 nas Paid Member Paid Member

Either that garden is huge or that plastic chair is small[:s]

13. nut 20v

Spot the slide like where's wally

funbagjuggler likes this.
  14. Break Forum Member

if houses have feelings this one will definitely be thanking you !

very sad that things fall in to this state, but fair play for sorting it out, i know many people wouldn't!

15. Gaz37 The Grouch. Paid Member

That would be like putting Jimmy Saville in charge of a nursery

16. Finite

Finite Paid Member Paid Member

Well you never know then. Just look at Jim'll Fix It :o

17. 1990

Harry, thank you very very much. It's been an absolute pleasure to meet and share with yourself and other like minded people :thumbup: I'm sure the next Chairman will enjoy the role as I have, hopefully without as much of a mountain to climb!!!

We were busy again yesterday. I climbed up into the loft, it's got a really decent height:
    [​IMG]

I did some gardening:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And the kids had a fire:
    [​IMG]

Amanda has stripped the hall, stairs and landing and is back up there today starting on the bedrooms. The front wall is down now and the stump of the bush dug out. There are still 2 trees close to the house but they can stay for the minute because they offer some privacy.

I think our first job that involves spending money is going to be a back door, she wants a black stable type so we can open the top half to air the house without having it fully opened.

We are loving the house already, Chatteau Del CrackDen :thumbup: lol

I'm off for a cry now!!!!!!:cry: ;) :hug:[l]

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
    blis likes this.
  18. Gaz37 The Grouch. Paid Member

That is one hahoooosive garden.

What sort of time frame are hoping for to get it done

19. 1990

ASAP really Gaz, I won't do much more to the garden now those reeds are away from the house. The garden is big and very wide, it's the think that first drew us to the house although at that time it was out of our price range. It got reduced so we viewed it and then haggled from there.

We are going to concentrate on the inside which will be a loft conversion, knock the kitchen through and then replacement of a few Windows, doors, the porch, split a long room into 2 rooms and a new bathroom suite.

If we have any money left after that then convert the garage into a room and build a garage at the side.

20. 1990

The only good stuff inside is was a sofa, a massive sewing machine and a Petzl head torch.