New Polo GTI

Discussion in 'Fox/Lupo/Polo' started by Deako, May 28, 2010.

1. big_amir New Member

I got a provisional build date for my GTI finally. It's going to be built the 1st week of November. The worst thing is i still haven't seen one, but i am going the Paris motor show on sunday so will hopefully see it there. :thumbup:

2. peeves New Member

Quick update for you guys, my build week is confirmed as 38 - last week. Car is meant to be on its way now and should arrive 21st-28th of October. Still not holding my breath.

Also, the suspected "first" GTI has arrived in the UK. Bloke took delivery on the 30th of September. Interior looks really classy from the photo he gave. Here is a link to the website and his car still with protective wrapping on it:
    http://www.polodriver.com/polo-2009/exclusive-is-this-the-first-customer-new-polo-gti-in-the-uk/

**Side note** We got out delivery of out RS500 today at the garage...would get a pic up but don't know how to :S

3. big_amir New Member

Hi Peeves, Have you taken delivery of your car yet?

4. peeves New Member

Sorry folks, neglected this forum for a while. Yeah, took delivery on the 27th October. Absolutely fantastic car, I now think it was well worth the wait!

5. big_amir New Member

Great news peeves post some pics please

6. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

Do they have them in showrooms yet? Ive got to take mind in for a service in a couple of weeks so might blag a test drive:thumbup:

7. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Very few demonstrators. There are a few for sale on the VW website in the used section. So must be ex demo.

Saw a silver one the other day, first i have seen on the road. Looked fantastic. For all the time our Clio was off the road after the damn motorbike crashing into us, i might as well have stuck with our order. Ahh, but then i wouldnt have had a fantastic car for the ring trip either.

8. peeves New Member

9. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Looks nice. Not on facebook, so had to look for the pics down the page. I regret not getting the Polo till I drive my car. Still miss not being in a vag car though.

10. peeves New Member

I still maintain that it was well worth the wait - couldn't be happier about it

11. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

Gah! It looks sooo good.

But i could get so much more with the money![:^(]

12. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Still missing not buying a Polo. Love the Clio to bits, its an amazing drive. But as mentioned, my heart is in a Dub. :( Cant afford the financial penalty to change though, so my next car will have to be a Rocco R instead. Gotta wait till 2013 now though.

13. tt509 Forum Member

got my 6r gti last week and love it

14. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

Luke, it doesn't handle on par with the garlic wagen
    if your expecting a mini mk5 golf, it's not happening matey

I'd save for something based on a mk5/6 chassis if your planning the move back

don't get me know it's a nice motor, engine seems a bit sensitive when it comes to the quality of the fuel and miss fire related issues looking at engines with 30K upwards under there belts

15. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

I know matey. I was going through a depressive, "Must own a Dub" state a couple of weeks back. Even put the Clio up for sale for about 1 day. :lol: Was looking at R32s, Ed30s, Roccos.

But then i came to my senses, took the Clio for a blast. Took it for a 3500 mile oil change, dropped the center box out of the exhaust. Then decided i absolutely love it to bits. Its still done under 4k miles from new. Over 1/4 of that was done on the last ring trip. Expect that when its 1 year old in July, it will have only done a couple of thousand more.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2011
  16. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Cough. [:|]

17. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

lol.:lol:

18. peeves New Member

Apologies for the reincarnation of an old thread but, Polo is up for sale. Just incase anyone is fancying one? :)

19. PoloGTi2008 New Member

Never be as good as the 9N3 1.8 Gti.
    The 9n3 with a few mods can go well under 6 seconds to 60mph.
    The new ones come from VW in stock form, optimised and as fast as they will ever get. Ony difference between the basic 1.4 Polo and the Gti is the tuning, turbo and super-charging of the standard 1.4 lump.
    Can't help thinking that caning a 1.4 lump in this way will ultimately shorten its life span.

20. Jude505uk New Member

Just bought a used one on Saturday with 11k miles on. Absolutely mint all rounder - love it!