OEM management wiring: 1.8T => Mk2 harness install FAQ

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by 20v_jimmy, Dec 29, 2009.

1. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

pin 5 on the t14a plug isnt used on the R32 loom so you can ignore that, on these the injectors are powered from T14a/8 instead, which you could tap into G2/4 if you like.

the fuel pump is triggered from the purple/white wire on the coloured plug loom side so should work regardless of anything on the T14a plug. Have a read of my OEM -> MK4 guide it covers all MK4 ECU conversions rather than just 20v :)
    http://clubgti.com/showthread.php?267196

2. paulgtir32sc New Member

brilliant thankyou your a legend :thumbup:

3. cupracraig

cupracraig Paid Member Paid Member

i may have missed this but are the 1.8t ECU to car/fusebox looms the same on all 1.8t's... ?

ive got my AGU in my car running and tested so alls fine, but i'm looking to make up another loom that i can make to the exact length etc so that it can be hidden. so to replicate that section from the ECU to the fusebox in the mk2, would i need another AGU section of that wire (the connector into the ECU) or can i take that section from an APY/BAM etc

4. rubjonny

no, the DBW ecu plugs are different shape and wont fit. so you'll need an AGU one :)

cupracraig likes this.
  5. Gup16v Forum Member

Hi all

What tool would I need to remove the terminals on the end of the small ecu connector for the internal harness on a 1.8t agu loom?

I have pushed the (white) locking tabs to the left but I can't get the normal junior power timer tool into each of the terminal housings.

See below for a visual description

Any help would be great! I'm planning on tidying up the wiring and adding a tacho converter into the loom. Ideally would like to do away with soldering now.

Thanks
    Gurps

DSC_0012.JPG

6. Gup16v Forum Member

just to add i know the above is for the engine side loom but both this and the internal loom mate up to the ECU in the same way.

7. rubjonny

those are micro timer terminals, but with the AGU socket you only need to release 1 side. a paperclip usually does the trick :)

Gup16v likes this.
  8. Gup16v Forum Member

awesome dude! Thanks very much

is there any crimping tool you would recommend for these? I am hoping that all the rewiring is done on fuse box end but just in case i need to replace the whole wire.

9. rubjonny

Gup16v likes this.
  10. Gup16v Forum Member

Thanks again RJ! :)

11. Gilou40 New Member

Hello
    I have swapped auq engine in my corrado g60 but problèm its relay for pump not turn with g1/3 withe purple.
    Turn with red yellow g1/3 on corrado To thé earth...but not start.
    Immo in thé ecu active earth To g1/3 ??
    My immo is off on m'y écu.
    Thank you

12. rubjonny

Hello there, do you mean your fuel pump still wont run if you manually run an earth g1/3? if so, check your fuel relay is 67/80/167 in slot 12, make sure the 30-30B jumper/wire is fitted and look at the fuse & fusebox for corrosion or heat damage.

To test everything from fusebox back to the fuel pump you can swap a 17, 18 or 100 relay in slot 12 then the fuel pump should come on with the ignition

13. Gilou40 New Member

Hello thank you for reply
    Fuel pump turn with earth To g 1/3 .
    But not run...i have a default with throttle body mecanical default...i change...

14. rubjonny

ok if it still doesnt run with g1/3 earthed then this suggests the ecu is not happy and so isnt triggering the fuel relay.

if its a cable driven throttle this page doesnt really cover it, try my universal mk4 guide instead:
    https://clubgti.com/forums/index.ph...install-faq-now-with-added-dieselness.267196/

main thing is check the ecu has ignition live on the T6/1 wire, it has earth on pin 1 & 2 and check diagnostics to make sure its powerign up and all is well on the sensors

15. Gilou40 New Member

I have 5v and 12v with ignition on purple withe 1/3 and not earth for m'y fuel pump relay.t6/2
    I have checked on vcds and default on throttle body mecanical problem tic tic tic and not calibrate.
    I have checked sensor etc and pedal accelerator by vcds its ok.
    I suppose throttle body not work.i change thé la st week.thx

16. L3onp New Member

i've completed my me.7, AUM conversion. Starts and runs perfectly, just a few things need sorting out.

1. what is the pin from the ecu plug for the rpm signal?
    2. what is the pin from the ecu plug for the secondary air pump and the n249 valve?

thanks in advance

17. rubjonny

for RPM and how to get it working see here:
    https://clubgti.com/forums/index.ph...install-faq-now-with-added-dieselness.267196/

N249 is pin 105, SAI pump relay is triggered from pin 46, and the SAI valve from ecu pin 9

if you're dele4ting the SAI best bet is cut all the wirign out and have the function turned off in the ecu, same goes for 2nd lambda and carbon canister etc. for N249 I think the advice is to leave it alone, but I'm no expert on the actual engine I just make the looms up

18. L3onp New Member

Thanks rubjonny,

I'm using mk3 clocks in my mk2 i followed your guide to making the loom etc, but the revcounter doesnt work. it was working previously when i had the car on standalone. So I just wanted to double check the pin from ecu plug is the same wire going to g1/12.

as for the SAI and N249, some mappers wont calibrate the car with that fault flashing up, even with it turned off from the ecu. So i'm going to add resistors to get round it,

19. rubjonny

hmm strange, what do they do when they work on a BAM ECU then, which has SAI disabled from the factory I wonder...

I would leave the N249 valve in if it was me, but speak to the mapper who is doing the work as you say they're the ones who ultimately decide what the engien needs to have before it gets mapped!

20. cupracraig

cupracraig Paid Member Paid Member

John, quick question..

my AGU into CE2 has been up and running for a couple of years now and all is good.

I have been thinking about going wideband and replacing the AGU Ecu to something me7.5 based (BAM etc)...would i have to change much from the Fusebox to ECU in terms of wiring? i would think possibly it would be a couple of the pins in the connection from fusebox to ECU..i wouldnt expect any changes at the fusebox end?

i've been reading the thread for most the day but cant really find a place to do a direct comparison.

Any thoughts on this?