OEM MK4 management wiring => Mk1/2/3 harness install FAQ (Now with added dieselness!)

Discussion in 'Engines' started by rubjonny, Nov 8, 2013.

1. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

if its from an audi a3 then its basically identical, from what I can see only real difference is pre-cat lambda is narrowband rather than wide :)

for immobiliser defeat try toyotec on here :)

Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
  2. benthejettaman Forum Member

No its from an ibiza was looking last nite and looks a lot different

3. rubjonny

ah ibiza one is very different, ecu pin side is same as vw/audi so you can use one of the diagrams in my sig to map it, i should have a seat diagram in my sig somewhere too i think, if not pm me and i'll print one

luckily though the lengths on a seat loom are way longer so that makes the splicing work a lot easier, so silver linings and all that :)

dodgy likes this.
  4. benthejettaman Forum Member

wish me luck lol

5. Dezbo New Member

Brilliant, thanks!

What wires are needed for the diagnostic port?

6. rubjonny

updated OP with port info :)

7. randomguy82 Forum Member

Hi rubjonny,

Over the last few months I have read many of your posts and very much appreciate you sharing your knowledge. I'm putting an AUM into a MK1 and have just upgraded to CE1 from the early style loom to facilitate this.

I'd like to activate cruise control once the engine is in the MK1. Have you got any experience in doing this? If it's possible I'd make up a custom panel for the necessary switch and button(s). I think it would be a great feature to have especially here in New Zealand where we are ticketed if travelling more than 4km/h over the limit!

Thanks again for your posts.

Matt

8. rubjonny

to start with for cruise you'll need to plug the stalk in (or your switch panel) into the black plug on the engine loom, then switch on cruise in the ecu:
    http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/vwmkIV.html

you'll need the speed signal for the ecu, to do this in a mk1 you'll need an MFA cluster and add a wire into the smaller plug on back of the dash:
    T6
    1 - wht/blu - outside air temp sensor
    2 - wht/red - outside air temp sensor
    3 - grn/blk - Fusebox pin B/15 on early models, spade to engine loom behind fusebox on late models (oil temp sensor)
    4 - blk/yel - Fusebox pin A/3 (Gearshift control relay pin 3/L)
    5 - wht/grn - Fusebox pin B/18 (Gearshift control relay pin 5/G)
    6 - wht/yel - speedo signal

you may be able to add the speed sender to your existing clocks, its screwed into the back of the speedo on the MFA cluster and the mk2 golf unit will fit the mk1 speedo. then you'll probably have to find the 6 pin plug housing and screw it into the back of the cluster with the pcb section inserted, assuming this is there on the non-mfa clocks?

then after all that wire in the MK4 clutch and brake switches and you should be good to go, see my sig for the full diagram g4aumauqecu.pdf :)

erreesse and randomguy82 like this.
  9. randomguy82 Forum Member

Thanks very much. My S1 loom didn't have a plug for the smaller connector on the back of the cluster. The CE1 loom does and the original non-MFA 1981 cluster does have the place to plug this in (which I have done). Given the cluster has the place to plug this in does that mean that I will have the VSS output once I wire up that 6th pin? Or do all GTI clusters have that plug regardless of their VSS output ability?

10. rubjonny

all MK1 equpped with MFA have that plug, but dont have the VSS wire. soem of the later cabrio and i assume citigolf will have it, or those with a high spec stereo factory fitted (VSS is used for speed sensitive volume control) or it was equipped with cruise control

11. randomguy82 Forum Member

Thanks, I think I've got it now. My MK1 doesn't have MFA but does have that plug on the cluster (only missing the VSS (white / yellow) wire in my new CE1 loom). It doesn't have the speed sensor on the back of the cluster next to the speedo - it has an area which looks like it can be pushed out for it though so I'll either get a new cluster or the speed sensor from a new cluster and work out how to attach it.

Here is a pic of the rear of my cluster:
    F40D3AAB-4CD1-4D17-B06F-36D2F98BAC6C.jpg

T6 is to the right of the printed circuit left of the speedo. Speed sensor tab just above this and to the right.

I've also learnt that some MK1 Cabs and Sciroccos had cruise control with the controls on the end of the stalk which means I don't need to make up a custom panel - will just try to find on of these:
    DSCN0858.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2019
    erreesse likes this.
  12. rubjonny

yup you got it poke out the blanking plate with a screwdriver and fit the sensor :)

im not sure if the mk1/2 type button can be wired to mk4 cruise, I tried to figure it comparing the diagrams but it was a bit of a head scratcher! ideally I need both side by side so i can check what signals all the pins generate on the stalks as the diagrams are not clear

13. scruffydubber Paid Member Paid Member

Great thread rubjonny,

Maybe I can add one small piece of info

T10w - white or T10d - green 10 pin connector
    1 wht/red bin to vag-com port but unsure of what its for? works fine without!

This wire has to be connected to 12v, ONLY when you want to flash the AGU ECU in the car. I believe it only applies to the AGU.

14. rubjonny

hmm! so if you put 12v into that pin, and have the can-bus wires on the diagnostics port you can map the ecu thru the port like a later dbw ecu? could you code out the immob this way as well?

15. scruffydubber Paid Member Paid Member

Yes I believe so. Although it only needs the K-line.

16. benthejettaman Forum Member

i have a 428 relay and not a 109 relay, can i change the 428 to a 109? if so then i can use a standard relay holder

17. rubjonny

yes the 109 is used in place of the 428, alternatively you could just leave the ecu relay alone and mount the waterproof box somewhere :)

erreesse and benthejettaman like this.
  18. MUSHY 16V

MUSHY 16V Moderator Staff Member Moderator

if your looking to remove immobilizer have a look at vag commander
    this is what Alan and i used to get the skc to from my r32 ecu to code it his bora clocks

it has a immo switch to turn the immobilizer off all together

only conects to the ecu if you have a miss match in the immo for some reason
    like wise the super vag i have only works if the immo is matched

you can use a dum usb lead with vag commander

19. benthejettaman Forum Member

i would but like it looking oem

20. benthejettaman Forum Member

ive stupidly cut the wires on my Coolant warning light control relay on my mk1 where do you connect pin 15 to?