omex 200 ignition ecu help

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by timo16v, Jun 11, 2018.

1. timo16v

timo16v Paid Member Paid Member

Guys....fitting omex 200 to a 16v carbed 9a ..i am ok with inputs from crank sensor and tps ....what i need to know is
    a) power requirement for ecu......is this an ignition live and an earth to fuseboard or body?
    b)the ecu has coil drivers inbuilt...does this mean its just a live from ecu to a coilpack?.....i assume ignition amp and wiring can be deleted?

The oily bits are my forte ...wiring is not,,,so please be gentle and common people language please:thumbup:

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

1. the manual I posted in your other thread has no specs for the power, but the old ecu/amp power wire should do you fine. So you could wire it say like a mk2 16v, run black wire from fusebox to coil live terminal, then another wire from other coil live terminal to ecu for power. I would earth it direct to the battery

2. manual also shows you can wire both spark outputs direct to a standard coil, so yeah no need for the ignition amp :thumbup:

timo16v likes this.
  3. sparrow Paid Member Paid Member

ECU should be powered from your ignition switch, and earthed to the engine. This is where the ignition is earthed, so you want them to be on the same earth plane.
    You can earth directly to the battery, but make sure the earth strap from the engine to the chassis is in very good condition.

As RJ says, the ECU can drive the coils directly, so you can bin the amplifier.

timo16v likes this.
  4. timo16v

Cheers both
    And has std digi ecu got an ignition switch live i could use and then earth to head ?

5. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

the digi ecu relay feed is the yellow/black wire in the scuttle to the spade plug, the ones you unplugged to pull the odl ecu loom out :)

6. timo16v

Top one thanks !