passat b3 climatronic & air recirculation issue malfunction

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Technical Queries' started by arnau, May 10, 2010.

1. arnau Forum Member

hi, I finally completed the passat climatronic retro fit into my corrado but now I have some kind of issue with the recirculated air function.

The thing is that if I push the recirc. button on the climatronic, I can hear the vaccum valve unit 'clicking ', and I can see the recirc. flap closing :thumbup:

however, after, let's say, 10 - 20 seconds, I can hear the VVU click again and then the flap closes [:x] I have pulled out the flap servo vacuum pipe and I can feel how it sucks my finger.

there's no air leaks etc, so, may it be the usual operation of the recirculation? I think not..

any help will be welcome :thumbup:

2. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

whats the vacum pipe going to, and from what?

whats the recirc unit out of, any fualt codes with it?

3. arnau Forum Member

the vacuum pipe is the one that goes from the VVU (the red box) to this

(the bottom-right thing)
    [​IMG]

the recirculation valve (picture) works right but it just works for 10-15 seconds.

I swapped the VVU, intake temperature sender (under pollen filter) and electrical motor for the air intake (just under the pollen filter, too) yesterday but it's doing the same :( recirculation works only for 10-15 seconds, then i can hear the VVU clicking and the recirculation goes off :(

do you have climatronic too? if you select recirculation, should air conditioning kick in at the same time? could you try it please?

thanks for your help :)

4. arnau Forum Member

I forgot to say that there are no error codes in the climatronic :(

but I have all air conditioning wires removed from the climatronic harness, so .. may it have any relation with recirculation then?

5. arnau Forum Member