picture of mk2 8v power rohr ???

Discussion in '8-valve' started by supercharged999, Mar 20, 2007.

1. VRSteve Forum Member

apologies where is stealth??

2. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

its south of birmingham, solihull ish area. not stupidly far from you. 29th April iirc

3. VRSteve Forum Member

sounds good .... do i need to book????

saturday is my first Hillclimb event in the golf so as long as i dont stack it no probs!!!

4. VRSteve Forum Member

right .... ive spent the day on the rollers and i have a power figure, now i cant get the print out onto the laptop as i dont have a scanner so u guys can either take my word until i can or just call me a liar!!! (either is fine by me!!! :p )

At the flywheel .... today ... on 3 seperate ... runs my car produced 179.8 bhp.

comments please .....

5. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

sounds good. is that the dyno where you had it tested when standard?

if so, what score did you get when standard?

6. VRSteve Forum Member

yes this was on the original dyno where the first run after cams/headwork/chip etc was done. that first run produced 159 bhp .... and todays run of 179.8 bhp gives me a gain of 20.8bhp from the development manifold ..... now .... on the other rollers as i said b4 my car produced 187 so as previosly said .... different roads .... different figures ..... but for under 300 i have gained a minimum of 20 bhp ...... so i would say thats a result for my car.

7. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

and what did it get when totally standard?

also, which company did the dyno belong to?

8. VRSteve Forum Member

when totally standard it produced 117 i think ... was along time ago!!!

road belongs to powercrazy motorsport

9. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

well in that case, if the dyno is accurate, youve put 60bhp on over standard, not bad going

any idea on the rough cost?

recon you can make it to the steath RR day?

10. fthaimike Forum Addict

180 sounds a bit better

11. drunkenalan Paid Member Paid Member

thats still a very good figure for an 8v, i would be over the moon with that! in my car anyway

12. VRSteve Forum Member

i was quoting 215 with throttle bodies and omex not standard manifold/tb/injectors and digifant.

fthaimike wat is your car running? what does it produce??

ive seen the thread about stealth and i shud be there .....

if you take out the throttle bodies and a few bits a pieces that go with them and the gearbox id say about 2k for everything under the bonnet (all pipes/gaskets/bots/fittings etc are new as well)

13. fthaimike Forum Addict

Why don't you run it with the throttle bodies if it's making more power?

Mine is based on the original 1.8 short block bored out (so i cannot be rev'd high due to the angle of the rods) & last time at stealth it produced 160bhp atfw 153lbs.

Mine is in a stripped out (& still being lightened) mk1.

I have had one rebuild (now on 19k) & before this i did 123,000 miles hitting the limiter in every gear every day so a very reliable engine that was originaly made by TSR with Hill Climbing in mind as that's what they were doing back when Tim owned the business (yes i have been using this engine for 10 yrs now).

14. VRSteve Forum Member

i dont use the throttle bodies bcoz i drive the car everyday to work, to tesco, to my gf's etc and its so easy to swap between the 2. i use the manifold for most daily stuff and il then swap to bodies and the other loom/omex etc when i do track days/hillclimbs etc.

sounds sweet. ive just stripped the mk3 and im being badgered into turning it into a full on tarmac stage car!!!

I live about 10 miles from TSR, they built some awesome stuff in the past. seems yours is absolute proof of this. ive heard some amazing things about the engines Tim built, mainly as i used to date his step daughter!!

are u going to stealth????

15. prof Forum Addict

eh! are you serious? you are saying some strange things and your car makes about 45bhp more than will's crossflow head bigger cammed 8v did, hmmm smell something here

16. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

people are so guarded on this site lol like has been discussed, it is impossible to compare power figures without know the rollers they were measured on, thats basically rule 101 of rollers, they are basically BS unless youre going back to the same rollers to measure a power gain.

with a bit of luck, he'll be going to stealth. LOADS of cars here have been to stealth, hence an easier comparison can be made. i can compare my car to Aimee's car, cos they were done at stealth etc

... failing that, just race them*

*on a closed circuit with professional driver, blah blah blah

17. prof Forum Addict

215bhp is loads, for a 285 cam? Wills big valve 8v with man in the shed crossflow head ITBs and 300 deg cam made 174bhp,

Robts old 16ver was somewhere around 215 IIRC, just can't see this output from standard valves in an 8v

18. drunkenalan Paid Member Paid Member

i agree the figures do seem a bit wild but until you put it on a set of rollers that can be compared against then it really impossible to say either way.

IF it is producing 180 bhp on the stealth roller that would make it probably the highest bhp 8v on the forum at the minute.

19. prof Forum Addict

20. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

180bhp would be what a well tuned health abf would get, its what im aiming for too, hence my feeling that the two cars would make a good comparison [:D]