Polo 1.4 TDi PD (75BHP)

Discussion in 'Fox/Lupo/Polo' started by chrismc, May 3, 2004.

1. chrismc Forum Junkie

Im looking to get one of these 3 cylinder oil burners for my wife & as our family wheels...

Has anyone driven one or got one?? Like/Dislike it?? No doubt il give it some REVO action in time..90-100BHP in a little Polo should be fun!

Just after some opinions as to what you all think, or suggestions of alternative small diesels

Cheers! [:D]

Edited by: chrismc

2. JEZ

Jez Forum Member

Yup, my mum has one. Pretty nippy as it is, but quite noisey...noisier than my mate's mk3 golf tdi!

The brakes are extremely sharp and that's comparing them to a 1.8t passat sport and not my mk2, but it does handle very well. Corners nice and flat and returning 50 odd mpg. My mum's is the sport model, which I believe has larger alloys and lower suspension and it soes look good.

The interior doesn't have the quality feel of the passat and for what it cost her I would have expected better.

It suits my mum more than me I think :)

3. chrismc Forum Junkie

Magic!

It'll suit my wife while I smoke about in my own car then!! [:D]

4. pettsy Forum Member

i drive my mums mk5 version.

i love it!its a quick little car, and has surprised some bigger cars when im driving it ;) :lol:

i was speaking to a REVO dealer the other day, and he said there will soon be a code released to put the bhp upto around 120 BHP.

For More info, might be worth checking out uk-polos.net

5. nickvw Forum Member

Nice "Quality" motors mate, the SE spec is good, nice little alloys too. ;)

May even px the barge if it that good !