Polo gt??

Discussion in 'Fox/Lupo/Polo' started by eamon1.3, Jan 30, 2006.

1. pettsy Forum Member

Everyone seems to have caught onto the Polo Gt over the last year or so.

I've had a couple of grey GT coupe's.First one cost me 1300 and was my first car (sold it last year for 900), the second one cost me 100 a coupleof months backand was sold on very quickly for a decent profit.:lol:If you look around in your local freeads papers you should be able to find one for 500ish.They do tend to fetch more when advertised online as some people are lazy and won't look around for them![:$]

Performance wise,a couple of cheap mods exhaust/de-cat/chip/filter will see good gains.I used to push 8v gti mk2's from time to time in mine ;)Rev-happy 1.3 and sod all weight = great fun [:D]

If you look on http://www.uk-polos.neti've made up a brief buying guide of things to look at when buying a mk3 polo. See http://www.tigerstyle.co.uk/poloforum/viewtopic.php?t=7852:)

My First GT

[​IMG]

2. Gareth83 Forum Junkie

must have been since they came out 15 odd years ago ;)

I had my one 5yrs ago, it was my second car after a polo 1.05. went everywhere in it. too it 2 years in a row to alton towers with a full car and it still shifted!

3. eamon1.3 Forum Member

Cheers for all the advice, better keep my ear to the ground.

Although just noticed a car dealer near me has a scirocco lying out the back and looks like it hasnt moved in years.

4. Gareth83 Forum Junkie

usually a reason for that then. bear that in mind [:$]

5. eamon1.3 Forum Member

Yea but im going to be off for 4months in the summer and ill b really bored, so the worse the better. :lol:

Unless the bodys rotten, which it probably is, because i cant do body work.
    Edited by: eamon1.3

6. amzee Forum Member

i sat in my cuz's the other day an i must say they are quik it was wheel spinning in 2nd they are awesome :)

7. pettsy Forum Member

I mean't there seems to be loads more wanted ads for them than there used to be