Power steering drive pulley

Discussion in '16-valve' started by Eddie Tuke, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Eddie Tuke Forum Member

Hi All. I am rebuilding a White 1987 Mk 2 small bumper 16v and have it down to a repainted rolling shell. I am thinking of replacing the non-power steering rack in my with a powered system from a donor car. I have almost all of the parts from a donor car, but not the second crank v belt pulley required to drive the extra power steering belt. Every where I have looked, I can find details of the driven one pulley for the pump easily enough, but not the driving pulley on the crankshaft. Can anyone help me with a part number, please?

2. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

In the past, I deleted the one piece water pump/PAS idler thing and used an arrangement seen on driver 8v cars.

3. Eddie Tuke Forum Member

Thank you. I will try the brackets and pumps on and see how it all lines up, but it looks from pictures like I need a second deeply dished pulley bolted on top of the alternator pulley on the crankshaft end to drive the steering pump.

4. davidut5 Forum Member

055105255J is for EZ GU GX HV RF etc.

Attached Files:

5. Eddie Tuke Forum Member

Thank you. That looks like just the job. 1" and 7/8 deep. I'll measure it up and see if it matches the belt alignment,. Grateful for your help Thank you.

6. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

late MK2 16v setup gets rid of the idler pulley, can also find on corrado 16v. need crank v belt pulley 051105255, water pump pulley part number 027121031, pas pulley 051145255. then alternator belt 050903137 950mm and pas belt 027903137 630mm. ends up like this:
    1b6c35a7526b7e956e97489b30a65034.jpg

crank v-belt pulley is same as later 8v, or you may be able to space out the pulleys you have to clear

7. Eddie Tuke Forum Member

Thank you so much for the detailed help. Crikey. I thought this was going to be a 1 pulley add-on to my 87 16v , having got the p/s pump pulley on the pump from the 89 16v, but I seem to have taken on a geometry puzzle here! It looks like I need to get the right combo of four pulleys all round so the belts all pass each other.
    The engine is about to go off for a overhaul, and the pulleys i've got to date are all away being blasted.
    I'll fit everything up to the block on a stand when it gets back and then see what I've got and what I need to get. I'm really grateful for the list you've sent to set me on the straight (and parallel!).
    I may have a pile of very nicely painted pulleys to sell back on ebay afterwards!

Eddie