Poxy polo forums

Discussion in 'Fox/Lupo/Polo' started by slimwadey, Nov 22, 2012.

1. slimwadey Paid Member Paid Member

Hi all
    After recently buying one of my sons a Polo for his 17th i thought it would be good to join a polo forum and get some info flowing and maybe acquire some parts rarther than Fleabaying for them
    So i found the Clubpolo forum and joined up along with my son.... 3 days later and i still have not had my membership approved by the Admin, i cant email the admin either as i get a returned message ..
    Ok i then found UK Polo and joined up
    My membership was approved within 24 hrs and as i could not find a 'new members' section like we have here i posted in as close a forum as i could, 24 hrs later my post was approved and viewable
    But since then 2 other posts have not appeared as they are being approved by an admin too .. Grr
    Ok the 3rd one did have me ranting about censorship and moaning i could not post

So i have decided to tell my son to Join CGTI and post in this Polo section
    Stuff them Polo forum running communistic censorship loving nincompoops !

Slim

2. craggsy Forum Member

Clubpolo is well known for that really

3. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

And people have a moan about us! we do try to listen - honest!

being a polo their prob rebuilding the diff bearings, or changing the water flange :olol

4. 6N-ABF New Member

you wont get much help from people on clubpolo, dont get me wrong you get the odd member that offers help / advice, though most of the time its all the members that are in their own little 'click' that respond by basically saying find out for yourself etc

5. slimwadey Paid Member Paid Member

Yes we kinda got that
    Its shame as every polo forum we have visited has been the same, no one says much, certainly no advice like here
    Not to worry tho
    He may not have a GTI but i'm sure the CGTI guys wont mind
    steve

6. Ben S

Ben S Forum Junkie

Steve,
    What Polo have you bought for your son? Year/engine?

This forum should be able to answer pretty much anything relating to Polo as well as Golf vehicles.
    Just make sure you/he gives lots of information when asking questions

7. shaz8389

shaz8389 Forum Junkie

Unless you want info about scraping your sump and sticker fitment you're out of luck with them.

8. slimwadey Paid Member Paid Member

He is Savagesam on here and has posted it as his first car in this section
    Its a 98 6N 1.4 in Chaggal (see gross) Blue
    Have a look at his post
    Steve

9. amstrange1 Forum Member

Not quite sure what people expect when joining a Polo forum - it's going to be a first car for most people, so naturally it's full of 17-21 year olds!

Like CGTI, Club Polo's had its fair share of forum technical issues and sadly it is running seriously out of date forum software at the moment. This means we have to approve every new account manually to avoid the forum being taken over by spambots. There are hundreds and hundreds of new account applications every day to trawl through - manually...

We're still desperately searching for a web admin to upgrade the forum back-end for us to rid us of this issue, but none of the volunteers over the last 3 years have been capable. We then tried paying someone to do it for us, but he dropped out part-way through so we're back to square one!

If you need any accounts activating (if they haven't been already), then PM me on here and I'll sort it. There's a wealth of information on there and a very active classifieds section too.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
  10. Ben S

Ben S Forum Junkie

There are also some very good builds on there with shoehorning engines in that you would swear they wouldn't fit, plus interesting & highly power-dense 16v 1.4/1.6 hybrid motors.
    Yes there are a few kids there too but you get that on other Golf forums too that are a little bit more scene trendy

11. macp New Member

Well I sent two PM`s to amstrange1 asking if he could approve me on clubpolo as he suggests but both of them have gone unanswered ?

I just went to logon and it now says Sorry, we could not find a member using those log in details.
    I give up !!

12. amstrange1 Forum Member

Sorry, I missed the PMs - the 'notifications' bit on here is a bit too subtle! Should now be sorted though.

13. LittleDevil_18T New Member

In brief I got to join Club Polo, but was totally ignored when asking some newbie questions regarding buying a Polo, so I found UK-Polo.net far more helpful, which helped us buy our Polo Gti 18T, which I am more than made up with. ;)