Quaife Diffs ??

Discussion in 'Fox/Lupo/Polo' started by LittleDevil_18T, Nov 6, 2013.

1. LittleDevil_18T New Member

Any one running with this ? Do you notice a big difference in handling and would you recommend ? Also my mate is flogging me some 17" S3 Alloys, any pics on here with them fitted ? These will be Anthracite colour on Flame red 9n3, cheers folks. ;)

2. jamesa Forum Junkie

Have run Quaife ATB`s in Mk1 and Mk2 Golfs plus similar in an Integra Tyre R ... whilst a great addition I`d spend the money on improved suspension / brakes first.

3. Sam_gti Forum Member

I've got a quaife atb fitted to my 9n3 GTi, I'm yet to drive it but I haven't driven and been passenger in cars with theses lsds and they work very well

4. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

I have an OBX which is similar to a wavetrac and now id think of getting one of those before thinking about searching for power along with better gear ratios.

5. LittleDevil_18T New Member

These cars [9n3] are a fantastic drive, but other than the mapping, everything revolves around controlling the power, lol bonkers bhp for a little car. ;)

6. icegeezer New Member

Hi

Please excuse my very low post count on here, not really a user of the forum, but what I can tell you is that I was the person that worked with Quaife to manufacture & develop the Lupo GtI diff, I remember having 20 of them in my kitchen and then having to ship them all over the uk and some parts of Europe, I was the first person to have one fitted as I sent them my box to develop the kit in, and they fitted mine while it was there :)

What I can say is wow!! On the road with stock power, no it's now really worth it, however on track days or pushing hard then I would get one, add tb's or a charger and it's a fantastic addition and transforms the way the power is put onto the road..

But I can not stress enough as already said

Sort suspension and brakes first, no offence but if your running jom or TA Coilovers - replace these with a decent setup first,

Also thing about upgraded front and fitting a rear ARB's

There's lots to do and consider before a diff, but if it's a question if it's worth it, I would say stock, possibly not. Modified, or track - it's a piece of art...

Good luck

7. LittleDevil_18T New Member

Very nice post mate, thanks for the advice. ;)

8. Jon Olds Forum Junkie

Nice to hear 1st hand. I have recently stripped a quaife down (curiousity...I was rebuilding the box anyway) and they are well made
    Jon