Rage for Xmas No. 1!!

Discussion in 'Music' started by Devon Dubber, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Devon Dubber

Devon Dubber Forum Member

Has anyone heard about the big thing on facebook where they are trying to get folk to buy 'Rage against the machine - killing in the name of' after the 13th Dec to try and get it to Xmas no.1 to keep the X-factor off the top spot?

I think it's a fantastic idea, let me know your thoughts, anyone interested in taking part, it's a wicked song anyway!

Apparently hundreds of thousands have been interested, (I'm not on facebook so I havn't seen it).

Lets all get involved I say!:lol:

2. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

Let's have a listen - any youtube links?

3. TurbTech Forum Junkie

579,464 members at the moment and i'm one of them!

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fkuOAY-S6OY&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fkuOAY-S6OY&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

4. TurbTech Forum Junkie

Never really been a metal fan but just had a butchers on i-tunes and it gets 5 stars and is only 3.95. Anyone got it? Any good??

5. mk1 valver

mk1 valver Forum Member

One of the best bands of all time IMO. The album that song comes off is also ace.:thumbup:

6. WEZ

Wez Official Friday thread starter

although i'd love something to beat x-factor to no.1, I won't be buying it, I don't know why KITN has such a rep, it's ****ing ****e, as are RATM, tom morello, you're not experimental, you're just **** :thumbup:

7. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

If that's the idea, where do I sign?

8. Dan W

Dan W CGTI Regional Host

One of my fave bands ever, fantastic album, hard to believe it's sixteen years old!

Would of chose the track 'take the power back' though as the title is more apt for what they're trying to acheive plus it's an awsome song

9. funkbaron Forum Junkie

FFS Wez....RATM have done some awesome tunes and "Killing in the Name" has a superb riff, how could any 'guitarist' dislike it.

The reason I wouldn't buy it is because I beliveve these things are set out by the big-wigs in the industry and have nothing to do with actual sales. The main-stream music industry is a farcical pantomime - real talent is left at the grass-roots level these days....plus I already own the track:thumbup:

10. WEZ

I just don't rate it Baz!

I love how you labeled me a "guitarist" though, 'preciate it :lol:

11. funkbaron Forum Junkie

Fair enough mate, horses for courses and all that crap! They are a legendary Metal band without doubt though. Saying that, I'm really only a major fan of 5-6 tracks out of god knows how many albums. But those tracks I like are real gems.

Last I heard you were rocking out with power chords and harmoincs....thats good enough for me homo:thumbup:

12. WEZ

super fast quad palm mutes and tapping solos now geez ;) [:D]

go pump some iron :lol: :lol:

13. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

i was meaning to start this thread tonight aswell, i joined the facebook group after them playing the tune on the radio, hadnt heard it for years, RATM used to be one of my fav bands,so much talent, need to get there albums again.

Not sure where im ment to buy the single to get it to no1, all I know is not to buy until the 13th. Anything to stop the xfactor shte getting it.

14. funkbaron Forum Junkie

Sounds like you're getting somewhere Fo! WhereTF are you on MSN these days?

I put in as much time pumping iron as I do guitaring, which means I can bench 140kgs and play Andy McKee's "Drifting";) :lol: :thumbup:

15. WEZ

if you can bench half that i'd be impressed, 'cos I can't still [:^(]

16. Claypole Forum Junkie

Mr Pieface appears to be upset, saying it's a personal attack against him. :lol:

Saying it will harm the finalists who's he's only trying to help... **** off you ****, they'll be lucky to get 1% of what he takes the robbing *******. :thumbup: All he's bothered about is filling his wheelbarrow with yet more sacks of cash.

17. matthew85 Forum Member

My views are mixed and similar to a few I read the other day on the nme site...

The main problem with this is, is the fact that RATM are signed to Sony..... so, which ever single sells this xmas, the vultures aka s cowel etc will make money as s cowell's label Syco is part of the Sony group also, and obviously SCowell has ties with 99% ( may be a false percentage!) of all music outlets, so what ever happens, SCowell will be laughing.

But in terms of decency and the fact that RATM worked harder than any of the "artists" that ever make it in the disposable music industry, Im going to buy a copy as it would be pretty funny hearing the chart run down and that being up there!

An alternative to this is to buy the Muppets version of Bohemian Rhapsody which is actually one of the best records ever!

At the end of the day its guna be a bloody laugh knowing you did something to stir the norm this xmas.......

18. matthew85 Forum Member

and i kinda agree with wez, rap metal is not my cup of tea, (neither is any otehr tech metal to be honest) and is kinda overated, but i don't think that its the point....

Its only for a laugh yeah?

19. WEZ

yeah, but i'd rather be on board with say "die with your boots on" or "the trooper".

why was KITN chosen?

20. matthew85 Forum Member

no idea, anything of evil empire would have been better.... guess its cause its the most known song and of course the Finale "**** you i won't do what you tell me" hahahaha

I reckon any song by Fugazi would be a nice treat..

The ultimate thing to do is never buy any records... but wheres the fun in that