Rear beam brake pipes

Discussion in 'Chassis' started by NateS2, Sep 10, 2020.

1. NateS2

NateS2 Paid Member Paid Member

I think someone asked a similar question to this a few months go but for drum brakes...

Has anyone got a picture of how the hard brake pipes are ran on the rear beam of a GTI? And the pipes to the compensator if possible. I can see where the connections should be made from ETKA but I just want to try and get the routing as OEM as possible

Cheers

2. Megaross Forum Member

I'll try get some pics. I spent 3 hours unfucking one side on mine today covered in brake fluid and still have a side to unfuck - they were previously worked on by a mental patient judging by the routing they chose.

FYI, doing up the connections around the flexi was designed to mince your hands and drip brake fluid directly on your face.

dodgy likes this.
  3. Megaross Forum Member

4. NateS2

NateS2 Paid Member Paid Member

@Megaross that would be great cheers! Yeah I took pictures before I had the beam coated but I've managed to lose them :thumbd: Mainly trying to work out which "pegs" the white plastic pipe holders fit onto, as obviously not all of them are used.