Removing Boot Lock!!

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by Richard Mk2, Jun 4, 2010.

1. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

you fit the clip in the hole then push the rod into it, little grease may help :)

2. Dub Steppin New Member

Cheers again man. I think I tried to fit it onto the rod half in then put the clip in the hole. I did use grease but now I'll remove and try refit that way. Cheers!

Editing to save replying to myself: I popped it in with firm but gentle pressure using water pump pliers. The inner plinth is on for the first time in yeeears (and I better not have to take it off anytime soon as it's 5 new clips in that too lolz)

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
  3. rubjonny

good stuff :)

Dub Steppin likes this.
  4. Texaroo New Member

Hi , Apologies know this is an old post but one question, will the central locking rod slip out of hatch lock mechanism ie is it an interference fit ? Need to remove seized lock . Have removed 2 screws to central locking unit and pulled on long rod but dies not slide out of lock mechanism

5. rubjonny

It's clipped in pretty tight, but it is possible remove the boot lock button with rod still attached. From memory there may be a clip you can release to allow the rod to come.out but it's.been a long time since I last messed with one