Revs falling below idle after coming off throttle

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by SiddyGTI, Dec 30, 2019.

1. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

did you follow the idle switch checks in my guide? hold revs just off idle around 1200rpm or so then press the wot switch and revs should drop to idle. if not wiring to switch round the back is snapped.

if it does drop the wiring to ecu is ok, but check the idle switch is working and clicks when throttle is released. both switches are wired in parallel so pressing either will close the circuit to the ecu, easy to check with a multimeter if a little fiddly if you're on your own

2. SiddyGTI New Member

Cheers for the suggestions, all sorted now. I gave it a significantly more thorough clean; so used electrical cleaner aerosol on all the sensors/ switches etc, cleaned all the earth's as best I could, used a good amount of carb cleaner on the MAF sensor, PCV and all the rubber piping associated with it and the idle screw, ISV and throttle body were already completely clean as it turned out. But all is well returns to idle exactly as it should.

3. SiddyGTI New Member

Yes switches work as they should, however can see a bit of copper exposed near the connector for them, although this wasnt causing the problem surprisingly, but is now on the list of things to fix lol