Schrick cam cover and digi motor

Discussion in '8-valve' started by caddyboet, May 30, 2022.

1. caddyboet

caddyboet Paid Member Paid Member

Hi All

I’m looking at replacing my old tin cam cover with a schrick one. Looking at it though I suspect that it won’t be a direct swap on a digifant setup. Looks like the ISV bracket might need to be modified to stop it touching the oil breaker.

I'm not out off by having to make a new bracket for the ISV, but was just wondering if anyone has seen or run one of these covers on a digi setup? I can only see images of them on k jet or carb setups.

A4175D7F-FB7F-495A-9E85-FBD6DE30EDDB.jpeg

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

when I put a mk3 alloy cover on my mk2 digi (with the 2.0 bottom end to go with) the isv bracket had nowhere to attach on rocker. no problem though I just had the inlet bolt done up and it never went anywhere. chop bracket down a bit if its too long.

main thing you may find same as I did, with the studs the rocker wont clear past the inlet as it was a bit too tall/square. what you can do is remove the studs and use bolts instead (or like me, only figure this out when you try to remove the rocker cover, having fitted it with inlet manifold removed :lol:)

caddyboet likes this.
  3. caddyboet

caddyboet Paid Member Paid Member

Thats a good tip on the studs. Could be a bit of a nightmare if you can’t get in between the cover and the inlet.