Scirocco Builder - Online Now

Discussion in 'New Scirocco' started by Deako, Jul 18, 2008.

1. olliemk2 Forum Member

LOTS of things are more exciting than an M3, my old Pulsar would scare you witless if you stepped out of an M3, LOTS quicker and so much more exciting.
    M3's are not out and out "sports" cars that can be spoken of in the same breath as a 911.
    They ARE a well designed fast executive car, thats it IMO.
    Mate I have owned a P reg BMW M3 Evo, and although alot of fun and very fast got bored of it pretty quick tbh.
    I've also driven a 54 plate E46 M3, and that was worse imo, totally soulless and did not feel as "switched on" as the E36.
    I would not own another M3, my mk2 is harder to drive fast and gives me more smiles everytime.
    Tbh it winds me up a bit when you always chime in about your M3, "get a proper car, proper wheel drive etc...."
    If people wanted a BMW surely they would buy one, and this IS a VW forum after all.

All of the above is my opinion and experience nothing else.

2. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

i haven't driven an m3 - its gone off topic now but oh well! although i have been a passanger in the same version as elucidate has, and also the one pictured above.

liked both of them, very quick cars and would like to have a proper drive in one to make a more informed decision on them. I would not ever buy one personally - i think they have such a cack image... the older one's are now affordable to any chav with a credit history and its the first thing they go for, the newer one's just seem to be driven mostly by yuppee's who think its better than a porche......

3. olliemk2 Forum Member

Totally agree mate, just does my head in when M3 owners think that they are the best car on the road. They are NOT. Just winds me up when Elucidate always chimes in with "blah blah blah get a proper car etc.." If people wanted one they would buy one.

4. Admin Guest

Thing is, i thought the Mk4 chassis was a good one.

Until I owned something else.

I have no idea how you can get bored of a car with 321bhp and a flat torque curve in favour of something with half the power and no torque and a rubbish chassis.

Interestingly, this is being debated over on a different forum I'm on, with the majority of people having dedicated track cars.

Different story over there.

5. mk1steve Forum Member

for 23k i would rather get an nice example of a MY 2000 b5 rs4 more power than your m3 quicker, more luxuries and proper wd;)

but the point your missing is your car aint the best so stop thinking it is

(and before you start i did own a an m3 and got rid for somthing i think was better as i thought it was boring)

6. olliemk2 Forum Member

Thankyou. My point exactly. Are you trying to convert people to BMWs or something? They are boring, and so common.
    This is a VW (or VAG) forum last time I checked.

7. Admin Guest

When did this turn into me saying my car was better than xxx?

I didnt, prof posted an E46.

As a drivers car, the M3 is one of the best cars ever made, full stop. So much so that it was Car and drivers magazines best car, at any price.

The point I was making, is the Scirroco is nice, but expensive, FWD and not as 'good' as a lot of stuff out there for the money.

That said, if you HAVE to buy new, like company cars, and Deakos situation, then this doesnt apply anyway.

8. Admin Guest

Unlike uber rare VW's. Good point well made. :lol::lol::lol:

9. Seraph Banned

You mean just like mk2/3 owners do on here. ;)

And to claim BMWs are 'common'(taking a household definition) is folly, given there's many many more VWs owned. So does that make vw's boring....

Bottom line...there is no best anything.

10. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

^^^ ummm MK3's are the best of the golf range we all know that :clap:

11. olliemk2 Forum Member

Course they are mate! ;) [:D]

12. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

I love this forum :lol:

Its cheap for a new performance coupe. End of really. And it looks fantastic, has a great engine that does have a good torque curve, and i wasnt looking at it with a view to buying as a company cay. More in 2.5 years time when our car is due for p/ex.

However, the benefit car scheme might be an option, but if that was the case due to tax it would most likely be the 1.4TFSI model, due to us trying to promote a greener image as a car leasing company.

13. Claypole Forum Junkie

I'll think about it when they put a decent engine in it. :thumbd:

14. bula_82 Forum Junkie

new scirocco, im just not convinced on the shape at all

:lol: :lol:

haha, this was 'prooved' not so long ago ;)

15. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

e46 m3... i drove an SMG one a few years back. obviously didnt go to the limts and back but it come across as a bit of a yawn fest. it would make a graet tourer, not a "sports car".

the ride was civilised, it was quiet even with a softtop and almost boundless grip, which didnt make you feel particularly involved. theres no question that itll be fast, but set-your-pants alight, begging you to thrash it till it bleeds... look elsewhere

16. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

lol @ the mk3, how could i forget that automotive DOMINATOR?

roccos are rare. i can still count the number ive seen on the roads in two hands

17. Adam_16v Forum Member

and don't forget that just like used cars, the list price is negociable. I think new VWs are well priced

I bought my first mew car through www.broadspeed.com, check out the savings on there! They've already done the haggling with the dealers for you :thumbup:

18. mashed Forum Member

28k! Nice, Booked in for a test drive too!

19. carbuffer New Member

I agree discounts on new cars are big now adays. They'll bend over backwards to get a sale.