Scirocco starting problems

Discussion in 'Scirocco' started by Oflynn96, Oct 11, 2015.

1. Oflynn96 New Member

Ok so one day my scirocco decided to stop in the middle of the road...now 5 years later i decide to fix it ???? so far i have put in a new dizzy and coil but still have no spark....there is power coming out of the coil when the ignition is on but no power when shes turning over ???? im thinking could it be the ignition module but i dont want to go throwing more money into things that 'might' be the problem....if anyone has had anything similar please help or if anyone knows what i should do next it would be good help. Fairly lost at the moment. Thanks in advance ????????

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

so you loose power at the coil when cranking? if so sounds like the ignition switch or an alarm/immobiliser issue. quick test for this one, run a wire from the battery to the coil + and see if it'll fire up. if it does look at the switch and wirign from it, in particular check the black wire this is the ignition live for coil and fusebox

3. Oflynn96 New Member

Hi johnny sorry for late reply but didnt have time to get to car last few weeks......just ran wire from +battery to +coil and there was still no spark?

4. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

ok that rules out coil supply voltage as the issue, next check the wiring from the coil to the TCI/ignition unit in the scuttle plsu the hall sender, and try another TCI unit too as those can fail. mk1/2/cabrio/scirocco units are all compatible :)