SEAT Ibiza AQX/AYP 20v -> CE2 + general fusebox plug reference guide

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by rubjonny, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Ger20vt New Member

Thanks for the comment:thumbup:, I did not know that these ecu are comparable. Do you think it will work with the original ce2 mk2 lever?

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

Ger20vt likes this.
  3. Ger20vt New Member

The cruise control works in my Golf MK2 with AQX ecu.
    On the ECU T121 / 38 T121 / 57 T121 / 75 T121 / 76 were not wired.
    I have connected it in the plug.
    I mounted a clutch switch and brake switch(dual contacts) from a audi TT.

Cruise control lever:
    T121 / 38 black D11 dark green Ce2 plug plus 12v
    T121 / 57 red = set
    T121 / 75 blue = reset
    T121 / 76 white = on / off
    Clutch switch (F36) T121 / 39
    Brake switch (F47) T121 / 55 (F) 121/56 Speed signal T121 / 54 connected to W01 green ce2 plug. Register via VCDS cruise control via motor 01 login 11 with code 11463. Very happy that it works
    Thanks rubjonny for using your online wiring diagrams:thumbup:

Ingmar46 likes this.
  4. rubjonny

great stuff :thumbup:

5. Ingmar46 New Member

Thanks for the write up Ger20vt! Where did you got the mk2 cruise control stalk from? And how does it drive?

6. Ger20vt New Member

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
  7. rubjonny

best place for cruise stalks usually the USA, as its a very common option. plus you'll get the english version. ebay.de usually the german version, not that it matters all that much. keep em peeled and you may get lucky but bank on spending a decent wedge

Ingmar46 likes this.
  8. Ingmar46 New Member

So I had the car running on the first try but now some problem has developed: the fuel pump relay doesn’t switch anymore. I’ve checked the G1/03 wire from the ecu and gives 12v. I’ve swapped relays so that’s not the issue. I’ve measured both small pins of the relay and on ignition live it switches to 12v, so in theory the relay should switch but it doesn’t.

When I bridge the spades on the fuse box with a wire the fuel pump runs, but the car doesn’t start...

Also I found out that there’s 6 volt in the fuse box at all time and some earth wires even measure 12v. I think somehow there’s a short circuit as I shouldnt be measuring any voltage on earth connectors and on the earth connection block above the fuse box right?

And I also noticed that there’s no connection between the connector block above the fusebox and the chassis. Should I add a connection between the connector block and the chassis?

so strange that it’s suddenly not working, I didn’t change anything...

9. rubjonny

The earth block should be earthed by a wire from F/4, you can run a wire from it to the stud on the a pillar instead. If you poke an earth in the back of G1/3 with ignition on the pump should run

Ingmar46 likes this.
  10. Ingmar46 New Member

Thanks, Will try!

11. Ingmar46 New Member

So I already had an earth wire between F/04 and the earth block. I’ve added an earth between the earth block and the chassis and it started on the first try again!

12. rubjonny

Good stuff :)

13. Kiriakos Nikolaidis New Member

Hello everyone great forum i am reasing since last year to get imformed about my swap! rubjonny i need your help i have seat ibiza 6k 1998 ahu engine ce2 wiring and i am going for pd swap asz 130. Now i am in the stage removing my wiring harness and i spliced in from lighting. As i read in this topic i mist remove from my fusebox f ,g1 ,g2 plugs . The problem is how to get them out as they are inside the car and i must remove dashboard i suppose??

14. rubjonny

yes the problem with SEAT cars is the fusebox is in the middle. so you have to dig right in there to pull out the engine harness. with it being a 98 chances are the lighting loom is also integrated with the engine loom.

assuming its a MK4 engine then for actual splicing you use this guide:
    https://clubgti.com/forums/index.ph...install-faq-now-with-added-dieselness.267196/

takle care to read the diesel notes carefully, as they are a little different to MK4 petrol ;)

15. Kiriakos Nikolaidis New Member

Rubjonny thnx you very much for your reply. But i need some more information can anyway contact me facebook or instagram or wats up? My email is kiriakosstella@hotmail.com if you can contact me i would be glad. ;)

16. rubjonny

dropped you an email :)