Seeking 9n3 Polo GTI 1.8T owners

Discussion in 'Fox/Lupo/Polo' started by Agrocr0c, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Agrocr0c New Member

Hi all,

I'd like to know who else that uses these forums owns and runs a 9n3 Polo GTI 1.8T. I'm hoping to compare notes n stuff and find out if they're having the same experiences as me. My car isn't perfect but it's never had any major problems according to VWs database. Its an 07 with 19k.

Cheers! P.S. Weren't England just crap last night.......

2. coupechamp Forum Member

agree with the England bit, whats the issues.

3. Agrocr0c New Member

Well there are a few issues. As a new arrival at Club GTI Ive tried to put the issues in the appropriate forums. FOr example, I have an issue with the Emissions Wanring Lamp which is all within the Technical/Engine/18.T forums entitled EVAP Purge Filter problems.

One general issue though that I haven't addressed yet, is this: when I bought my Polo GTI in MArch, it went on a rolling road and had 140bhp, not 148hp. There were no discernible issues and a couple of bhp loss is understanable, but 8bhp? Seems a lot. The car had done 15.8k in March and I wouldnt expect it to lose that much power. Only thing its ever haddone to it in terms of repairs is a power steering issue. No engine issues.

Strange dont you thnk?

4. coupechamp Forum Member

strange but not uncommon to have a loss of Bhp, i know it sounds a lot, but was it ever 148. It's also only 15k, still fresh and tight maybe, it also works the other way, my edition 30 is supposed to be 230hp, but from the dealer and on the rollers it came in at 238, one showed 242hp. It's not something like a dodgey cat on it restricting the flow or something like that.

5. rob p

rob p New Member

Hi i also have a 9n3 polo gti its had a revo remap and according to a roalling road is runnining 225.4bhp and 216.1ftlb of torque,which makes it quite good fun!!!!with regards to your car roaling roads can be a bit of a lottery and you could put it on one road and it can say one thing put it on another it could say something else, so what i would do is let it loosen up and try it again because everything ive seen on forums about polos that have been put on dynos has found them to be over 150bhp as standard,as regards to your other problems ive also had my emissions light come on and the dealer told me it was a fault traced to "secondary air injection valve split due to a rubbed thru pipe"i also keep getting a problem with a bolt coming loose on the exhaust manifold which starts of as a low pitch blowing from the exhaust and progresses onto a full on blowing from the top of the exhaust and when you reach down the back of the engine you can turn the bolt with your fingers hopefully the dealer has sorted it now????i also had a knocking noise from the front suspension on bumpey surfaces at low speed from new,the front suspension top mounts were replaced under warrantey and its ok now.my aircon also needs regasing every 10-12 months other wise it makes a funny woring noise like a noisey bearing but other than that its been as good as gold and no worse than any other new car ive ever owned and to be onest most people would not have noticed the air con or suspension.and it still makes me smile every time i get in it even after nearley 3 years.

6. nigel1.8t New Member

Hi guys can i find out where i can get vr6 and g60flywheel