solid front mounts on ebay

Discussion in 'Engines' started by wcrado, Sep 16, 2007.

1. DarrenE Forum Member

Excellent, thanks for the info. :thumbup:

2. nibbzy Forum Member

fcuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuk me mate now that sounds fun hahahaha. and heres me buying an oettinger thinkin thats gonna be quick lol

3. DarrenE Forum Member

I get carried away with power.........

4. nibbzy Forum Member

snap...... i was gonna do the TT swap myself next yr untill i found the oettinger thought bit more unusual yanno.

5. DarrenE Forum Member

Its good to go fo something different sometimes.

6. nibbzy Forum Member

aye thats what i thought thats why i decided to go for it. i mean its not like ya see many about.

7. drunkenalan Paid Member Paid Member

turbo oetinger, hmmmm

8. luminosa Forum Member

i bought one like that from a guy on the forums. works fine and tbh you only need one on the front, just replace the gearbox and rear mounts with standard rubers ones. otherwise having all round solid mounts will cause the dash board to fall off (amoung other things)

give Duff a pm he's the guy i got mine from he's sold quite a few of them and is a tried and tested source unlike the one from ebay.

9. nibbzy Forum Member

lol alan now that sounds fun a turbo oettinger hahaha well its 1.8 KR 16v oettinger currrently running 175 -180 bhp ill get rolling road figures in a few months when shes been installed and set up but imagine that with a nice big fat turbo.... now that would be fun!

10. DarrenE Forum Member

If you look at the history of the guy on ebay, he has sold a fair few of them.

11. mk28vICED Forum Member

hmmm. i had one off ebay, the bolts i got sent with it were wrong, and when i did them up they bottomed out and cracked the mount :-(
    got send a new mount and bolts and all seems well now. i would definatly suggest you check your bolts dont bottom out, and use spacers if necessary. the mount has now moulded itslef into position. i.e rounded the edges where it hits the x-member and curved bracket. so make sure you check the bolts torques every few months.

12. Mike_H Forum Addict

Yes... but the rubber mount was pretty tired. Only done 10 miles in it, but feels nice and tight.

13. mk28vICED Forum Member

just looked at the ebay pic and they look good. mine had a flat top and hence you can see its supposed to be curved!

14. Dub20vt Forum Member

The link posted is Duff off of this forum!!

15. luminosa Forum Member

LOL, [:$] hadn't seen the pic of it till you said:lol: [:$] . yeh good strong mount to go with, i don't think he's had a complaint yet.

16. DarrenE Forum Member

Good to hear.

17. Mike_H Forum Addict

Hey Phil - I FINALLY got round to fitting mine :lol:

18. Phil. Forum Junkie

One less paperweight/bookstop/doorstop lying around eh? ;) They're a good job alright.

Now hurry up and fit that 272 and stop messing around with valvers!!

19. dUff

dUff Administrator Admin

hi just found this thread , yeah i have been making them, and the first post ebay link is the same items i am selling on the bay , Not any problems yet with any installed, but have been wondering to switch to a different bolt material an will investigate this next week , i did also increase the thread depth on the top hole just in case ( i have added 10mm) .

The only thing i have found with them is to tighten the top bolt after 500 miles or so as i may become slightly loose ( not much) as the top plate changes shape slightly, the curves are good but am trying to making them better in future for a even better fit , to stop this

Any feedback welcome , if anyone breaks any bolts i will send some out for you free ( stronger set), any problems PM me

I am altering the design as and when needed and this week started using larger washers on the bottom bolt for better fitment

I had a off at the ring in germany and got airborne in my valver with this mount on made one hell !!! of a bang and knocked all my camber setting out and the mount stayed secure ,thats the most extreme test its had so far :-)

20. Phil. Forum Junkie

Brilliant product Duff, Mine hasn't even needed tightened after about 2k miles.