Spare electrical leads

Discussion in 'Volkswagen Chat' started by alan o gorman, Oct 23, 2022.

1. alan o gorman New Member

Hi, just picked up a 91 golf gti 8v, giving it a look over to see where all the problems are!
    On the front left in front of the wheel arc there are two spare electrical leads, just wondering what are these for??

2. Zender Z20

Zender Z20 Paid Member Paid Member

Depending on how it's been routed, one of them may possibly be for the optional head light height adjuster motor, though I'd descibe mine as being a bit higher up than the wheel arch but then again maybe varies from car to car.

Apparently there's one on either side as part of the existing light loom, they're just redundant on cars without that feature and don't do anything.

First thoughts are the other one may be for the outside temp gauge if it's become disconnected somehow?

The hole for it's plastic holder (that attaches to a 2 x pin plug) is in the metal work of the wing, near the bumper bracket support fixing points and access is from the area I think your describing.

OS temp.JPG
    OS temp1.JPG
    OS temp2.JPG

3. alan o gorman New Member

thanks for the info