Story

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Tristan, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

Anything exciting happening?
    This old Brexit stuff is.... interesting.... It's a change from the "C" word at least.

2. Savagesam

Savagesam Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Nope, everything in my life atm is getting delayed by the ā€˜cā€™ word.

3. Tristan

What's the lockdown situation in the UK?

4. Tristan

I don't mind admitting I am feeling the psychological effects of living alone, this last 10-11 months.
    Thank FCUK, when it was considered safe and permitted to do so, I had a "blokes BBQ" in the mancave last September. My compatriots @davkav and @Ronan Halpenny on 2 bbq grills, on a lovely sunny day, all 8 of us socially distant in the shed and with the roller doors open.
    Talking poop and throwing friendly insults, in between stuffing our faces and telling tall tales.
    Bliss.

Roll on the time we can do it again!

5. costel1969

costel1969 Paid Member Paid Member

That bast@@d virus has put a lot of strain on people in so many ways - psychological as you said, financial, marital, I was reading a news article over here and it reported that counseling and support services are seeing an unprecedented amount of people seeking help.

This is a hard slog and I honestly don't know when we're actually going to get out from underneath this thing.

In the summertime I have fly-fishing which is a godsend and tipping away with the 190E, I practice on my drums at the moment and I'm starting a OHS Diploma in mid-February which will take a about a year to complete - anything to not let the mind be left to it's own devices.

Incidentally, Irish trip postponed until May and even then no guarantees I will still be able to travel then

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021