That exploded view MK2 Golf pic... errors with it

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by Broke, Jun 10, 2008.

1. VWSaxon

VWSaxon Forum Member

seriously, please dont tell me you spent your precious time examining this?

2. TATS New Member

Dude, did you ever get your head put down the toilet by the bigger boys at school. Buy a magazine and release the pressure mate. That is unhealthy levels of geekiness.

3. drunkenalan Paid Member Paid Member

i love it broke!!! youre my hero!!

4. ivegotagti Forum Member

i cant see any keys? or doesn't that count?

5. prof Forum Addict

harry the cake, spotted

it must take some tenth dan nerdiness to get him to post these days :lol:

6. Broke Forum Member

Yes.
    I know, normally the internet (the thing we're all on currently, using our time to discuss my time) is used in a very efficient manner, and nobody really ever wastes time on there, but I went against the grain on this one, and decided to kill a little time on the web.:lol:

It took me less time than it took you to upload videos of Billy Blue Feathers:p

How is he, anyway?:clap:

Seriously, it is only a matter of minutes I spent looking for the parts, I pretty much got them all from the low res version, just because I know the 020 parts very well at this point, and then when I got the high res version, I started looking more closely, and noticed big things, then looked into the small things.

I just built the trans in my head, which takes no time, as there is no heating, pressing, cleaning, inspecting or any of that, and everything is installed instantly, so I just went through and built it like I do any other box.

Diff assembly, 5th assembly, forks, 5th housing, input shaft assembly, case roller bearings, diff bearings and preload, output bearings and preload, reverse relay bracket bolted in, diff dropped in, output bolted in, 1st, hub, 2nd, 3rd, input shaft and 4th at same time, bearing in case, forks swung in, case pressed on, bolts in and tight, 5th gear installed, 5th housing on, selector and detents in, seals in, flanges installed and check operation. Pay me sucka.:lol:

They're right above and beside the ouput shaft of the trans;)

No, I was the bigger kid in school, but a year younger than everyone else (I started too early, it led to a lot of fights in the end for no real gain), and I dealt with bullys well enough. Once I figured out I was bigger, and if I knock the chit out of them they quit, things smoothed up.

Buy a magazine? Do, do you not know what the computer is? Talk about geeky.... the guy who owns a PC and buys a prono mag calls me geeky. Too rich:lol:

If there was a detailed pic of the Jack Daniels distillery, would anyone really be surprised if TSC started mentioning small details nobody else would pick up about the barrels and the charred oak slats, and the size of the fire in the pic, with the clear indication of fresh cut wood because of the axe in the corner being shiny, which means the wet wood would burn at a certain temp, causing a minute change in the precise flavor of the sprits?

No.;)

It's my thing, it's what I do... I rebuild 020 trans[:*:]

WTF is harry the cake?:) Google didn't help on that one.

7. prof Forum Addict

he posted earlier, been missing from the forum for ages

8. GRINGOG60 Forum Member

Before you study the next exploded diagram and share it with us all perhaps this might be an idea

<pic removed - mods>

9. Broke Forum Member

I was going to post something witty, but decided to instead just to report your post to the mods.

I'm game for arguing on the net, but you've asked me to kill myself because I know the 020 trans really well, better than the VW photographer, so I think your post is just mean spirited, and I've asked for it to be removed:lol:

PS, you're added to my blocked list, good job![:*:]

10. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

C'mon guys - Broke is a valued member of this forum, knows a helluva lot about 020s so if you know that, you know why he can scrutinise images like that.

And it's only the internet....

11. Broke Forum Member

I'm all for being called a fat burger eatin' gun totin' yank slob, and even a super nerd geek with no life and no sexual outlet (it's true, I'm married!:lol: ), but poking fun is one thing, and being mean is another.:p

12. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

I drink Jim Beam Black or Wild Turkey 101, Jack Daniels can do whatever the f*ck he wants to his whiskey.:lol:
    But mess with Jim or the Turkey?[:|] [:x]

13. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

Rainman!:o

14. Admin Guest

you need to add ginger in there??[:s] :lol:

15. Broke Forum Member

Good Lord no! Those people are just creepy and disgusting! Ewww.... gingers. I've watched southpark, those gingers are pure evil.

Meh... at the rate I'm losing my hair, I'd even take ginger I suppose:lol:

16. fthaimike Forum Addict

after reading many threads i always think of Broke in my head like this:

[​IMG][​IMG]

So things that hurt us mere mortals just make him laugh....

17. Trev16v

Trev16v Paid Member Paid Member

Echoing what Chris said above, Broke is indeed a very valued member of the forum. And for anyone who has ever needed to do any gearbox repair work, you'll find his web pages to be extremely useful. Last weekend I needed to replace the output flange seals on my 020 and I found his guide on that to be very helpful.

Nice one! :thumbup:

18. fthaimike Forum Addict

He does post some great info & shares it with us all.

19. vrbanana Forum Junkie

Someone reports a post and all the mods/admin come rushing in, sorry Im late [:$] [:$] :lol:

20. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

It's OK Daz, I've banned everyone who posted on this thread.

Cheers,

Drew.