The Blue edition build thread

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by Richard Gilberd, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Richard Gilberd Forum Member

i see now they actually sit inside the car!, mine were MIA when i got the car, thanks for the pic it really helped

2. Richard Gilberd Forum Member

thanks for all the info handbrake is installed and all good , by the way anyone looking for the handbrake pipes they are only available for the left pipe but from what i've seen and done is that they are exactly the same! i put two left pipes on and even the impression lined up by the handbrake lever that they went the right way? strange but true, i thought i was going to have to modify them.
    Anyway the car is back together but i have a new set of problems!! any suggestions here would be greatly appreciated!
    so the car started ran well until we burnt through the air mass cable on the exhaust!, this gave a start no start situation which is now rectified, now she starts but runs quite rough 2-3 cylinders but here and there runs up to 3-4000 rpm sounding good and then just dies backdown to low revs and then back up and if i let off the throttle will just die, when she dies i can hear the fuel pump running, my question is should i be looking at a fuel pump regulator here or the lift pump?, i mean apart from the fpr and the distributor everything is new, i have checked for vacuum issues and can't see any glaringly bad?

3. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin