THE Mk2 Golf Definitive Wide Tracking Thread

Discussion in 'Chassis' started by A.N. Other, Aug 17, 2010.

1. jhax New Member

Thanks guys, yeah it seems like the top shock adjustment bolt is the only way to go in this case. I may need to get some adjusting type ones from VW, is there a part number for those?

Justin

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

N 10174002

3. budgiegibbs New Member

Hi John,

Sorry to bring this up again but I'm getting mega confused!

I have the O2J gearbox in my mk2 with 100m drive flange. I also have the mk2 G60 hubs running mk3 wishbones (+21mm).

I'm just ordering up the driveshafts but my suppliers are struggling. What year/model golf drive shaft do I need to fit the O2J, Mk2 G60 hubs and Mk3 wishbones?

Or do I fit mk3 GTi/VR6 driveshafts but use mk2 outer CV?

TIA

4. rubjonny

1.8-2.0 8v 4 stud mk3 golf/vento/cabrio except 1.9 n/a diesel is what you want. 5 stud with 4 stud outer would probably be close enough but they're slightly different length and if you want a complete shaft may as well order the right one to start with :)

5. rubjonny

n/a diesel are 90mm thats why they're no use to you. mk3 tdi or mk3 cabrio 2.0 would be safe bets

6. budgiegibbs New Member

Perfect, Thank you

7. dodgy

dodgy Paid Member Paid Member

@budgiegibbs I have a new set of mk3 tdi shafts, wishbones and steering rack arms, had them on my mk2 for minimal time, even a spare new shaft if interested.

8. copeidge

copeidge Forum Member

Does anyone know the difference in length of mk2 GTI driveshafts and Passat B3/4 shafts?

I've just rebuilt my driveshafts and ideally want to keep them. I've thought about using a spacers in between the inner CV and gearbox cups, It should be fairly straight forward to get an inner CV outer cup and machine it down to whatever size I want to space the shaft out, then use some longer bolts.

I've drawn a diagram but my small brain cant work out if I'd need 18mm spacers on the driveshafts (to compensate for the extra 18mm track width from the wishbones) or something smaller.

9. rubjonny

10. copeidge

copeidge Forum Member