The very best, forget the rest, AU VWHeritage

Discussion in 'VW Heritage (formerly Big Boys Toys)' started by blis, Apr 21, 2016.

1. blis Forum Member

Its been long overdue and I think now is the time to shed light on the many experiences I have had with the team at VW Heritage. I have dealt with other online shops overseas for parts, only because at the time my main issues were engine based amd the ABF wasnt on the inventory, there were parts that were compatible, some that were not, so I had to venture off onto other suppliers and it was a struggle to say the least because of time zone and my own knowledge.

Without VW heritage, my mk2 would never have been possible to maintain or even get rolling. Its been a treasure hunt locally, i could have bought two mint MK2 in the UK for the price of calls, fuel and time wasted in Australia. There is such a rush of things I like about VW heritage that come to mind, its hard to compose this and not stray from what it is Im trying to convey. So I will keep it to my last experience, when I drove my completed front end into a german tank driven by a goat herder with my son in the car, his 21st birthday gift smashed, father and son gut wrenched over a car.

I took this pic a few nights earlier...
    20160410092357_20160421_095529.jpg

My son who is somber and mild tempered unleashed his hurt feelings with such rage, it was me the cranky old one that needed to remain calm. In the back of my mind there was that logo, the one on the VW Heritage site, hope is a scary thing to have, but Id not ever been let down, it calmed me. We drove the sad faced Mk2 with broken headlights back 100km to where we lived that night, my son drove a friends alfa behind me and we made it home. We had an RC meeting to attend 300km away in Canberra, the golf wasnt repairable in his mind.

20160413_181050_20160421_095640.jpg

The next morning I woke up early and hopped onto this phablet and began browsing through all the parts, to my surprise, everything I needed was in stock, some perhaps lesser quality, but cheap enough to replace at a later date. I tentatively began adding guards, grills, lights, bumpers to my list and I was overwhelmed with joy when the costings were so much less than I would have expected, specially in Australia. Being on a phablet and the mobile site which is under construction I ran out of time and said little to my son other than, Dad will fix this, you watch...

20160411_152526_20160421_095615.jpg

We drove to Canberra is an alfa that could really do with with a site like VW Heritage, it missed, ovefuelled and spluttered the whole way. We made the event and got on with racing our RC cars. On the day we smashed the car Id just bought him a new notebook and the hotel we were staying at had Wifi, on the first night I decided to let him tap i to all the windows updates it required and for myself, bought a bottle of Mumm champagne to share with him. Im not a drinker, drank all but one glass of ghe bottle and purred into a deep sleep while my sons prepped his car.

20160416_082539_20160421_095703.jpg

The next night it was time, we sat on the hotel bed, fired up his computer and hopped onto VW heritage, while the site is slow and it has been acknowledged by the team, it mattered less as everything we needed was available, perhaps not all the items we would have preferred but there were many alternatives for everything that was out of stock or on back order. Within an hour or so, we had completed our order. Two guards, bumper kit with irons, grill, lights OMG new hellas, what ive been wanting for so long. Grill trim, radiator mount, blinkers, panels, bumper mounts, everything we needed, and more.... And i think i managed to find the missing link to the grill mounts that support onto the light panel.

20160415224636_20160421_095723.jpg

So we got on with our racing, spent valuable time together and drove back after the event to the central coast of NSW... Id for some reason not had confirmation, I check my order was placed and it was, so yesterday morning, i decided to call the Sydney number and little did I know, it routed back to the UK and I was speaking to someone who seeemed half asleep... AND HE WAS!!!

Id woken up a poor soul in the middle of the night thinking he was in Sydney. He was most amicable and while it took a few minutes for him to wake up, his manner and customer service was impecible. He took my number and told me a representativw would contzct me asap, and he was correct, later that day, our time eve ing, Jill called, it would have been first thing in the morning, I didnt have my order number and considering its a long one, she kindly asked me to login and find it as we were having problems. All the while, the manner and customer service was all customer focussed, she was patient, I fumbled through the mobile site, logging in and found my order number.

All I wanted to know was if the order was picked and a rough estimate of when it would arrive as I have a few things on my plate. Within a few minutes of handing over the number, she confirmed it was already shipped. I NEARLY FELL OFF MY CHAIR!!!

We have to deal with a lot of asian stores online in australia, this isnt the norm, English speaking and well spoken, focus on customer experience not price and a subconscious feeling that the team understands passion for our DUBs.

So to the directors, managers, sales, warehouse team and everyone at VW Heritage.

I THANK YOU FROM THE DEPTHS OF MY BROKEN HEART, MY FATHERHOOD DEPENDED ON YOU, MY SON DEPENDED ON YOU AND YOU DELIVERED. IT IS NOT JUST A SALE, ITS A SAVIOUR, A MEMORABLE MOMENT THAT WORDS CAN NOT EXPRESS. MY GRATITUDE IS AMPLIFIED BY MY EMOTIONAL RELIEF AND I FEEL EMPOWERED BY WHAT YOU DO AND REPRESENT.

20160421_100234_20160421_100256.jpg

WillG, Toyotec, bigeyd and 3 others like this.
  2. Andy@VWH Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

A big thanks for taking the time to post to express your thoughts. We're really chuffed we could help get your Golf back on the road, and so quickly too.
    We would love to post a version of this on our blog, if that is ok with you?

Thanks
    Andy

3. blis Forum Member

Do anything you wish with it.. the pleasure is mine.

4. blis Forum Member

Ps.. please correct typos and spelling

5. Sirguydo

Sirguydo Fastest milkman in the West Paid Member

lollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollol

6. blis Forum Member

So, my parts are now in a stone's throw of me and im waiting for a delivery truck to arrrive. What took so long you might ask? Well, the parts were so cheap, the Australian customs department impounded my shipment with a mindset that I was evading tax. The poor dhl agent in Sydney was made to get me to jump through hoops including invoices, list of items and then finally a bank statement of proof of purchase.

So I would assume if theres a customs agent out there in Australia with a classic VW, expect more orders from downunder, they really would not accept the size and scale of shipment to be under our 1000 aud monthly limit. Which does exclude shipping as per the dhl rep quoted me just then.

So my right foot is tapping, my heart beating like a child on christmas morning waiting for mum and dad to wake up, the paint shop is booked, theres wet and dry, a hammer and sanding blocks. The glass man is due to call to remove my rear window because i am gutless I am even considering ddoing the heater matrix too.

Can you sense my excitememt, can you read between the lines and feel my appreciation and pleasure of doing more than just business, but creating a thoroughly uplifting experience with the crew at VW heritage, and for safe measure, in case you can't....

[​IMG]

SEE THAT OCEAN AT MY FEET, I FEEL LIKE JUMPING IN IT, SWIMMING LEFT FOR TENS OF THOUSANDS OF KILOMETRES AND WALKING TO YOUR OFFICES DRIPPING WET TO HUG EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU!

BUT I CAN'T, I MIGHT MISS THE DELIVERY TRUCK.....

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMWA TO VWHERITAGE, THANK YOU!

Attached Files: