This happened

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by dodgy, Aug 8, 2020.

1. dodgy

dodgy Paid Member Paid Member

Fixing the polo today, so had a bit of space on drive and the jack out and thought would do a quick trial fit.
    Popped one of the S3 alloys on the golf, tyre profile is wrong admittedly, but dont think it's too out of place on the car, 17" and a boxy style.
    They are on the polo for a while though.

Attached Files:

Savagesam likes this.
  2. dodgy

Have a set of 16v hubs arriving in the week, really considering mk3 non gti widetrack and g60 brakes which let's me keep the borbet rims on the car, sure I'll decide when get to it.

3. Savagesam

Savagesam Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I definitely recommend this.

dodgy likes this.
  4. dodgy

Think I waited so long to get a set of borbet As, plus new tyres, that it would be sacrilege not to use them, trouble is then got a set of 4 pots hanging about.
    16v Hubs arrive today, and just ordered set mk3 wishbones and one shaft, just have to find passenger side one now, mk3 tdi or similar.

5. Savagesam

do you HAVE to run 17’s to fit them? Would they fit behind 16’s?

6. dodgy

Leon runs 18s as standard, think smallest is 17 from what I've read, it has a lot to do with the spoke clearance to caliper, 5mm spacers needed with the S3 wheel, TT comps fit ok, 17s again, as is the leon cupra 'starfish' on non R but needs spacers.
    The bbs 18s I had would need 25mm to clear calipers, so that's a definite no.
    I did try the 16" polo sport alloys on ages ago and that wouldn't allow the centre bore to line up as too small.

7. dodgy

No real updates on the car, parts have been arriving in the run up to Christmas, work has been mad too.
    Me and Ed were planning on some garage time today and work on the golf, but woke up to snow.
    So may be the day to look at the loom, check that over and write a list of stuff needed.
    Another thing that happened was my 16v mk2 hubs arrived, turning out to be mk4, bummer. Got refund and told to keep hubs, on hunt for others, but restrictions have stopped me travelling to get the ones I know about, few on Ebay, but just been Christmas and 2 birthdays in January so may be a slight delay with funds, ah well.
    Grafshed have made me custom side stripes for my mk2, and commissioned COX tuning Japan stickers, really nice job, very accurate.
    Some pictures just for good measure anyway...

Attached Files:

Savagesam likes this.
  8. Savagesam

I wish we had snow :(

is that a little trackslag peeking!?

dodgy likes this.
  9. dodgy

2.5" system, twin straight ends.
    Was a year between getting downpipe and buying system, plus I didn't have a recipient car back then.
    Didn't know whether to go with twins or stick with offset single for the 'basic' look as mine isn't a GTI, but settled on cutting rear valance to fit it, plus if I ever went big bumper it will fill the recess .
    Snow is melting now, still cold, but I've moved on to DIY, 2 pictures to hang and a shelf to fix plus a bit of painting in the bathroom, sure more jobs will come up.
    Did have a set of mk3 tdi driveshafts delivered, so the 5 speed with 4 stud mk3 widetrack is the plan at present, keeping the Borbet As on it too.

10. Savagesam

That’s what I had on my old car.

I don’t know what to do with mine, I want slanty tips, but don’t like the way trackslag have done theirs, I want 2 pipes coming out not one then into 2. First world struggles ey?

dodgy likes this.
  11. dodgy

No real updates on the golf, work and weather seem to get in the way at the moment big time. Snow again.
    Had a load of parts arrive, finally got the 16v hubs for it, g60 disc setup for the front, braided hoses, new bushes, gti front anti roll bar, mk3 wishbones and shafts too.
    Set of bilstein shocks turned up in the week, when I start swapping it all over, it will be all sorted together, springs, mounts, everything.
    Went to wickes yesterday in the car and when we came to drive out of parking space the headlining decided to do a trick and make rear vision disappear!
    Think 30 years, damp and cold have finally made the foam separate, so this morning it was out with the spray glue and stick it back up, ten minutes later all good again.
    Well, apart from the rear door handle snapping off!
    Think there's one in the shed, possibly, tomorrow's job.

Attached Files: