Throttle body calibration 2.0 8v

Discussion in 'Mk3' started by Will Bennett, Feb 2, 2022.

1. Will Bennett New Member

Hi all I recently changed the throttle body on my MK3 GTI 2.0 8v (AGG) there was only a mechanical issue with the old throttle and that’s why it was replaced all the related electronics worked fine. Since I’ve replaced the throttle body every time I switch the ignition on the throttle makes a clicking sound like it’s trying to calibrate. When the engine starts it goes but the car has a very slight misfire at idle and is fine under load. I think the issue is with the calibration does anyone know the calibration process for a new throttle body on the 2.0 8v? Unfortunately my car doesn’t have a OBD port so trying to calibrate it that way isn’t an option, any suggestions?
    Thanks
    Will

2. davidut5 Forum Member

Why not wire in obd port? Could help diagnose further.
    Its clicking trying to perform calibration, maybe. After its done clicking leave ignition of for 1 minute, then see what it does.
    My agg does not click, it does have lumpy idle from autotech 270 cam.

3. PhilRyder

PhilRyder Paid Member Paid Member

I didn’t think there were any moving parts other than the butterfly? There don’t seem to be on ours (AGG)? Are you sure the clicking is coming from there?

4. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin