twin headlight conversion on ebay USA?

Discussion in 'Corrado' started by watercooled, Dec 30, 2013.

1. watercooled Forum Member

Headlights on my car are weak to say the least,this appears to be a corrado issue besides,have seen twin headlight conversion on ebay but I'am a bit suspect off them they look nice enough but don't know country of manufacture or the quality of the clear lenses,my old BMW and our current Audi both have issues with the lenses covers.
    I admit to not being a fan of the stock square lights,was thinking of using some BMW E30 assemblies with custom lenses surrounds,any comments will be helpful,thanks

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

3. watercooled Forum Member

Thanks John,may go this way but need to sourse the parts and that would be an issue,the late E30 ones are no good as they are too large in diameter
    Appears the E36 assemblies have beed used before so will do more research.
    Failing that I may try a set of relays and more modern lamps for the meanwhile.

4. Steve B Forum Junkie

relays will make a world of difference, has to be said tho, my jetta headlamps in the link above are 1000 times better than my 06 passat headlights, much easier to drivemy jetta through the country lanes at night

5. watercooled Forum Member

Thanks Steve,the aftermarket ones are out of the question as they won't comply in my country,when I get time I will make up a relay assembly.