Ultraviolet Interior rare?

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by Marky4787, Nov 23, 2021.

1. Marky4787

Marky4787 Paid Member Paid Member

Morning

my newest MK2 has the ultraviolet interior in absolute mint condition

I saw someone on eBay put a crap set on eBay for £600!! Are they worth a lot? Or is he just dreaming

I got rid of the gti interior in my other Mk2 for a set of TT seats with a mk2 leather rear bench which I absolutely love so was thinking of doing the same to this one

Attached Files:

2. Cressa Paid Member Paid Member

Did the ebay one actually sell for that money?? A lot of interiors are for sale around the 450 mark but are still for sale 2 months later...
    If it is as good as you mention then you can try asking for that sort of money and hold onto it. You could always drop the price later on.
    I have seen somewhere that a person had a wanted Ad for the ultraviolet interior, but that may have been for Recaros. I shall see if I can find it.
    Those TT ones do look lovely

3. Marky4787

no they didn’t sell but I was curious as that seemed a lot of money, I mean if someone offers me that kind of money I wouldn’t say no haha

I love the TT seats and I got Fab53 brackets for them so it’s all just bolt in which makes it easier and the TT seats are very cheap I got a complete interior for £100 and sold the rear bench for £40 so £60 for them technically, but the rear bench was something stupid like £200 which was the only Mk2 one I could find and didn’t want some half bolted in mk3 bench as I heard there is a bit of adjustment to get them in

4. dodgy

dodgy Paid Member Paid Member

Have you wired the heating elements up on the TT seats, got mine connected on Sunday drove it this morning, lovely.
    Agree the seats with a 53fab set of mounts are really nice.

5. Marky4787

I haven’t no, I keep thinking about it and I believe there are a few Mk2 heated switches on eBay for around £100 but to be fair I don’t drive it in winter months so would kind of be a waste so have left them, I have modded the brackets as I felt there was to much height at the back so I chopped off about an inch and to be fair could probably chop a bit more

6. dodgy

dodgy Paid Member Paid Member

I used passat switches, but was going to put mk4 ones in centre console.

7. Cressa Paid Member Paid Member

I've just looked at the 53fab seat mounts. What a great way to fit a modern and decent seat in. That would make it a comfy daily driver.

8. AndyBa Paid Member Paid Member

I have Red Ultraviolet in my 91 BB they're a bit faded but I really like them. I prefer the fact they are all material since rainbows have vinyl backs and piping.
    Like most MK2 parts some people charge a premium. However £600 for an immaculate set will be cheaper than getting the seats re-covered if someone is wanting to restore a car back to original.
    I've had my seats apart and the thin layer of sponge which is sandwiched between the inner/outer fabric has disintegrated. It took a few washes and the hose pipe on "jet" to remove it but now they are back together you wouldn't know it was missing...but they aren't worth £600...yet !