vacuum lines

Discussion in 'Scirocco' started by eggbert2008, Aug 2, 2016.

1. eggbert2008 New Member

Hi all, I have just fitted a brand new weber carb to my 81 gt mk2 scirocco but I am having a few problems figuring out where all the different vacuum lines go. One line from the dizzy is going to the one way valve coming out of the brake servo and then on to the back of the weber. However, I have no clue where to put the vacuum pipe that comes out of the gearshift gizmo that is connected to the dizzy as well. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you.

2. BenGould New Member

I take it your car is an auto?
    Do you have the fitting guide with the weber? Im pretty sure it tells you where they all go. If not pm me with your email address and I'll send you a copy over.

Ben.

3. eggbert2008 New Member

No ,mine is a manual. I only got a one page photocopied sheet telling me how to fit the weber with the kit.I contacted webcon uk and the guy other told me other should have been another page in the kit telling me how to set the carb and fine tune it when I fitted it.he sent me the missing page by email but it says nothing about vacuum lines.

4. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

very simple on the manual weber, you have a vacuum pipe to the dizzy from the brake servo hose (some may have 2 lines) leave that as is. then there is a nipple at the base fo the weber round the back that goes to the vacuum unit on the side of the airbox, and the other nipple on that goes to the air flap control unit at the end of the airbox inlet pipe.

all the other old vacuum lines and the green vacuum reservoir go into the bin, and any unused nipples get capped off :)

5. eggbert2008 New Member

Thanks rubjonny , only saw your reply now. I have just posted another question in the 8 valve section. Perhaps you could look at it and give me some advice. Many thanks!!!!!