vr6 24v BDE no lambda readings

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by bantan45, Jan 25, 2021.

1. bantan45 Forum Member

i have a polo 9n with a vr6 24v BDE engine

i have the following fault codes present

p1122
    p1118
    p1198
    p1199

since i have done the conversion the fault has always been there and i have chnanged the 2 front lambdas and the fault still remains.
    i run the engine with no cat and need to get the rear lambdas removed from the ecu as there no longer in use.i also need to get the unnessecery stuff removed aswell but they cant have a issue on my lambdas not reading/working

2. dodgy

dodgy Paid Member Paid Member

Polo 9n / 9n3 suffers from wiring breaking between the gearbox and inner wing under battery, may be worth checking out.
    We bought Ed's polo with management light on, showed lambda fault which we replaced, then second lambda, as light would come back on every 2nd or third time after resetting fault, and would cause running problems when hot.
    so front end off, replaced the wires and all sorted.
    Obviously may not be the answer, but a possibility.

3. bantan45 Forum Member

cheers for you reply mate but as ive said its running a vr6 24v bde engine so its more on the golf wiring causing the issue not the polo side of things

4. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

All of your fault codes are relative to the lambda sensors, not sure if you have looked up the descriptions on Ross -tech's wiki site?

Just Google the P???? and ross tech for the full description.

I remember @Toyotec looking at a swapped mk3 with R32 motor and the lambda sensors had been plugged into the wrong sockets on the loom, this shouldn't be possible as they only should fit in the correct slots but apparently they had been made to fit. lol

Last edited: Feb 1, 2021