Vw aum ecu 06a906 032 dr

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by deanoakley, Dec 17, 2020.

1. deanoakley New Member

Hi my aum ecu is fried 06a906 032 dr but can't find one in this code .I have found other aum ecu's but with a different code. Does anyone know if they will work? Its for my mk1 golf conversion so will be getting it deimmobiliser thanks Dean

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

yeah you dont have to get that specific code, other aum ecu will do you fine. just pop up any codes you find on here then we can double check if they're actually correct for your engine

3. deanoakley New Member

Thank you. I don't suppose u know u have a list of the codes there is a chap local to me who break mk4s and he has some aum ecu

4. rubjonny

ETKA shows ET as well as DR, might be some other previous codes not shown

5. deanoakley New Member

Thank u. I have managed to get it up and running but it won't turn off with the key. I have tried another ignition switch but makes no difference i don't suppose you would have any suggestions. I followed your conversion thread on here. thanks Dean

6. rubjonny

sounds like you have a fuel pump live shorted to an ignition live if the ignition switches on and off fine while the engine isnt running. you'll have to go back over your harness see what you can find. on a MK1 GTI rear loom with CE1 type fusebox there is a red/white male spade from e/14, make sure you dont put any ignition live feeds to that

7. deanoakley New Member

Thank u managed to fix that issue but now seem to have another one. Ecu Ignition live is connected to g2 when u first connect the battery all is fine o volts, turn ignition on 12v start car up 12v and then turn it of there is 2v on ecu ignition live instead or returning to 0v this leaves the oil light on really faintly. If I remove from g2 oil light goes out completely but there is still 2v on the wire.

8. rubjonny

G2/4 yes? so you have a short somewhere along that wire, your tests confirm its on the wire in the harness somewhere

9. deanoakley New Member

Yes g2 . I have noticed the 2v will drop completely after a while. I don't suppose the Ecu stays enigized for a short period for some reason?

10. rubjonny

even if it does it shouldnt be putting 2v on the ignition live back to G2/4, so you definitly have an issue somewhere along the line

11. deanoakley New Member

I've just put a new wire straight from g2 to ecu but I'm still getting the 2v return from the ecu once ignition has been turned off. Could the ecu be faulty do you think

12. rubjonny

possibly, or theres some other issue in the loom back feeding thru the ecu pin. is everythign else on the engien switchign off as you would expect? maybe pul lthe ecu relay 428 if it has one

13. deanoakley New Member

Yeah everything else switches of .if i un plug 428 the 2v go . I have tried another 428 but still have the same issue

14. rubjonny

ok so next look at the coilpack wiring for any cracking, also damage to the ecu pin 121 wire. one way you can rule that side is switch ignition off, then unplug the big 2 pin plug where the coilapck wiring plugs to main harness. its the one with a single purple/black wire

15. deanoakley New Member

I have replaced the coil pack loom wit a new one as the old was faulty. But will still check just incase new one is falty