VW T4 brake problem

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by valvemiester, Dec 9, 2019.

1. valvemiester

valvemiester Paid Member Paid Member

Help please guys my 2001 1.9td Transporter swb panel van brake problem l have changed the rear load compensator valve twice and subsequently the brake master cylinder, there are two problems one rear brake force is low hence rear load compesator change (handbrake is very good ) and also after bleeding with the engine off brake pedal is hard when pushed but keep your foot on the pedal and start the engine and the pedal goes down a long way( as servo pressure builds up )around two inches it does stop before you get full pedal travel, I have changed the master cylinder but the pedal is still the same, I have pressure bled the full brake system after each component change as well as just the rears after the load valve change thanks in advance

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

did oyu clamp the compensator open while you were bleeding the brakes? also is the bleed nipple at the top on the affected caliper?

3. valvemiester

Hi RJ no i bled the vehicle with it sat on all 4 wheels and it's both rear calipers( low effort).

4. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

ok try raising the rear a bit, and make sure you clamp the bias valve open before you start. basically clamp it the way the valve moves as the rear beam moves upwards when theres more weight in the back

5. valvemiester

Thanks RJ I will try that thank you