What oem seats are these - rainbow recaro's?

Discussion in 'Styling, Trim and Bodywork' started by blu-tak, Feb 19, 2021.

1. valvemiester

valvemiester Paid Member Paid Member

Good man :thumbup: I do think if you have the room why not, as parts get harder to get and more expensive. I try mot to think about the mney I've spent on cars over the years (Its probably nothing compared to what others have spent, seeing some of the amazing work that people have done).

2. costel1969

costel1969 Paid Member Paid Member

Don't bet on it amigo - when you tot it all up it gets pretty sizable and of course not taking away from time, money and effort other's have spent on their cars and projects. I have always liked just having the exact part to slot in when repairing/replacing something that's past it's best but that's just me

3. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

dont even get me started. the amount of new genuine parts I've bought just becasue they were a good price. I've got 3 genuine header tanks for crying out loud. 3! and I couldnt even bring myself to use one of them last time the coolant was done as the one on the car was still in pretty good nick :lol:

4. costel1969

costel1969 Paid Member Paid Member

Yep RJ that’s pretty bad - didn’t realise you had a coolant tank fetish but I’m in no position to take any kind of high moral ground, the amount of parts squirrelling is lawless.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
  5. valvemiester

valvemiester Paid Member Paid Member

Dont throw anything away in the past I scrapped a H reg 5 door oak green 16v (it had a rear end shunt, so shell was kippered) all that went to the scrapyard was one bent shell, a tailgate and two rear doors and they were either rotten or damaged, I thought you never know what your going to need and those bits have been very useful over the years.

costel1969 likes this.