Where did I go wrong ?

Discussion in 'Insurance chat' started by Mk2 driver 1800, Aug 16, 2021.

1. Mk2 driver 1800 New Member

Hi everyone I have a mk2 golf driver 1.8 I'm planning on taking of the road to sort the engine out in as its seriously unwell at the moment i was planning on buying a cheap focus i found local and was going to pass the ford on to my missus I'm insured with adrian flux on a classic policy but rang today and they literally wont swap over the insurance even tried asking if they could swap it on to another classic and it was flat out no I'd be reluctant to cancel the policy tho as I'm only planning on taking the car of the road a few weeks just kind of suprised tbf I know people who swap cars all the time with no problem I also think I'm being ripped of as my mates 1.6 cavalier is almost half as much to insure I know the golf has a slightly bigger engine but surely there cant be that much in it.

2. dragonfly

dragonfly Paid Member Paid Member

Insurance is based on a wide range of things such as driving experience, cost of the vehicle, repair costs, area you live in etc. Seems odd you cannot swap vehicles.

3. Rustbuster

Rustbuster Paid Member Paid Member

Go compare dude! I know the ads are really annoying, but, can’t be beaten on price. That said, I am old and boring.