which induction kit for 20vt conversion?

Discussion in 'Engines' started by racerx, Oct 26, 2003.

1. racerx New Member

i'm puttin a 20vt in a mk1 jus wanna know which induction every one else is using?

i want to use the Blitz sonic filter which is a enclosed filter so the heat won't sap power....talkin bout jap components i will also be using a HKS SSQV BOV the build is briliant and sound is awesome...jus gotta find one at a reasonable price as they're only $200 in the US but 287 here!

does anyone else like jap components or am i the only one and will i get my ass kicked?!

2. daveybwoy Forum Member

Well I'd use a BMC CDA filter which is enclosed in carbon fibre stuff.......cost about 150-170 I think.

3. TonyVR6 New Member

Get BMC Carbon Induction Kit, that what every body using now days with this conv....Get the VW Performance Mag and look in page 12...Good Luck

4. madmk4 Forum Member

I'd just get a large cone one and out a heat shield on it.

The BMC ones might look good, but there won't be any gain in performance, and they're fecking expensive, money that could be spent elsewhere !

5. DEX

Dex Paid Member Paid Member

;)

[​IMG]
    Edited by: dexteruk

6. AMY

Amy Forum Member

we used the induction kit/heatshield jabba fitted to the original G60 engine on the raddo,
    and i went for the ssqv too .....

7. racerx New Member

i was thinkin bout savin some money and getting a stroeve induction kit and gettin rid of the battery tray and make an encloser out of stainless steel with ductin from the grill and bonnet.

what do you think?