Who listens to Drum n Bass...

Discussion in 'Music' started by DarkMK2, May 2, 2006.

1. DarkMK2 Forum Member

Well, today i accidentally stumbled upon a DnB thread, the first i've seen in god knows how long i've been on the forum, and tbh i was quite shocked to see it! I've always tended to aviod bringing DnB up on a public forum like this, being the dark underground genre it is, i always feared an injust sterotypical backlash response. But it turns out im not alone on here.... [:D] ..

So, i was just curious as to who on the forum is actually into their DnB? And who of those people are passionate enough about it to go to live DnB events?

Are there any Slinky, B'mouth regulars?? It was an amazing night the Sat just gone!!

2. Seraph Banned

did a few years back, mainly for the trance tho. top club :clap:

3. DarkMK2 Forum Member

;) indeed it is.... known as one of the best in the South (excluding London obviously:lol: ) and i couldn't agree more!

4. martyn_16v Forum Junkie

I used to go to slinky when I was at uni in Soton, not been since though. Only live DnB i've been to in the last couple of years was at Fabric in London, the last night I went to John Peel [:^(] was playing some wiiiiiieeeerd music in the chill-out room.

Used to see Hype etc on an almost weekly basis in soton, my housemate was a DnB dj and supported him at a couple of nights at the Academy, as well as doing a weekly slot at Club M :)

5. DarkMK2 Forum Member

So d'ya still listen to it??

I was at Slinky last weekend (it was one of the Cocoshebeen 'takeovers') where Pendulum, Andy C, Zinc, Friction, MCs Eksman and Det all played in the main room[8D]... oh my God it was the best night in a long time! I've not yet been to Fabric, but i'll be going in the not too distant future for sure! I hear it makes your average joe club look like a school disco....[:[] damn its got me wanting to go just talking about it!!

Hype - what a legendary musical genius!! He still regularlly does small scale sets like you mentioned... i saw him at this tiny pub called the Porthouse in Winchester in Feb and he tore the place down and i was supprised to have such a good night!

6. Stu__8vgti Forum Member

I love my Dnb nothing comes close bass wise my car rattles to buggery, love pendulum zinc andy c Hype all the usual suspects.

Guy I work with makes tunes he goes under the name of Pleasure and he knows Zen, SS, Nookie and a load of others I can't remember right now. And another of my mates plays on the radio a lot he's called Lethal.

I found Fabric as a club not as good as I thought it would be although a DnB night might be totally different.

Stu

7. DarkMK2 Forum Member

Yes mate good man!!:hug: (if only there was a hand shake smily) You gota love the bass lines, makes DnB what is! And the good thing is, the bass lines just seem to be getting better and better with time[:D] LOVE IT!!!

8. veedubnutz Forum Junkie

Yeah im into d&b, used to frequent breakneck at the pier in pompey. Try and make it to as many events as i can! I really ought to put some of my sets on tinterweb

9. Seraph Banned

pants! cant beleive i missed that[:^(]

10. DarkMK2 Forum Member

Awww never mind mate, they do the cocoshebeen takover every month now, always has big impressive line-ups like that mentioned above, and i think it's the last sat of each month.;)

It was PLANET Pendulum there, just to rub it in (so all 3 of them B2B) but they didnt play until 4:30, so it wasn't like you missed one of their all time great sets. Still, they ended the night very well i think. Zinc and Andy C stole the show for me though :clap: (from what i can remember[:[] )

11. GTILass Forum Member

i used to go slinkys in bournemouth

experienced it once in bristol too when i was a student but much preferred bournemouth!

However now im old and i cant cope with too much lol

12. DarkMK2 Forum Member

:lol:

Result - B'mouth rules! So did you go to Slinky for the dnb or the **** happy hardcore stuff??

13. Seraph Banned

we're never too old! (at least not for the opera house anyway!)

14. DarkMK2 Forum Member

Too true.... it's always a sight to see some 'old skool' 30-40 year old ravers down there:lol: Your garenteed to see a couple there each time at least... fair play to 'em:clap:

15. Seraph Banned

oh!!.....so you saw me there then! :lol:

16. DarkMK2 Forum Member

oh!!!..... so it was you eating those disco biscuits then was it!:lol:

17. AndrewD Forum Member

Big into D&B here .. mianly after hearing a massive London Elektricity / Hospital Records mix on Radio 1's One World show back in 2001.

Don't get out to nights so much, pretty much just Soul:ution here in Manchester.

Will have to stick a few of my mixes up some time. Anyone got any suggestions where to host 'em?

18. DarkMK2 Forum Member

[:D] A growing dnb comuunity..... liking it liking it!! :lol:

Andrew, i'll defo be up for hearing what you can do, not too sure how to go about hosting, but speak to 'Bear', he has just posted a thread with a link to his mix!;)http://www.clubgti.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87177

19. martyn_16v Forum Junkie

Yeah still listening, my musical tastes seem to go through phases but DnB is always there. Got a bit of an old-skool jungle thing going on at the mo, been listening to one of green_with_envy's (off here) mixes over and over for ages now, top class stuff :thumbup:

Fabric was bonkers, never been to a non-DnB night there though so don't know what it's like otherwise. I got quite royally mashed though, so don't take anything I can remember about the night as gospel (half of it probably never actually happened outside of my head :))

20. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

I like DnB :thumbup:

But absolutely hate MCs :thumbd: