Who listens to Drum n Bass...

Discussion in 'Music' started by DarkMK2, May 2, 2006.

1. veedubnutz Forum Junkie

Depends deako, mc's are damn good at a rave tbh, certainly earn their money. Never sounds as good when you listen to it back. I shall try and get a bit of a mix on tinterweb this weekend! Either that or will broadcast it over the net, anyon eup for a listen?

Also, anyone goin to valve at the carling academy, bristol next weekend?

2. enc. Forum Member

IMO D+B as has Trance hasnt progressed in years.

Obvousuly i'm open to being proven wrong.

3. RobC Forum Member

The DNB scene in Manchester is huge at the moment. Recently saw Sappo at Sankeys on the 1Xtra bass tour which was fierce. Even the guy at the Met SU played 2 hours worth last weekend, bit monstered but I do remember a bit of Pendulum, some new Shy FX stuff and Tonn Piper turning up and doing his usual crowd surfing antics. Strong [8D]

4. martyn_16v Forum Junkie

I love drunk MC's, they're the bestest :lol: When my mate was DJ'ing once, the MC they had that night got so ****faced he forgot his own name, he started calling himself MC booga-booga halfway through, and mumbling more and more incoherently. Then he fell over and wiped the decks out :lol: :lol: :lol:

5. DarkMK2 Forum Member

[:x] [:x] [:x] dont u just hate it when your web browser fuks up, loosing your whole post!!! i was just ready to post it too!! sod writting it all out again....

Kinda agree.... but what veedubnutz said:thumbup: ...

enc. sorry mate but i think your wrong. Just have to listen to the bass lines IMO.....

Martyn_16v, good fooking lad, old skool jungle i agree still has the magic, and the drunk MC sounded hilarious... wish i was there.....

[:x] now post you fool!!! .... YAY!

Last edited: May 8, 2006
  6. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

I dont really care what type of scenario there is, in my opinion MCs just sound crap. :lol: You can still like them if you want. I dont! :)

7. DarkMK2 Forum Member

i can completely understand how people hate them, they're an aquired taste i suppose. I dont like them as much as i used to tbh. But then again i always hear a combination of a banging tune and a decent rolling MC, get the tingles in the 'ol neck and think yeh thats goes really well, awesome chattin.... albeit less often nowadays. But you always get one MC who doesnt understand the importance of the actual tune, thinks he is the daddy and completely drawns out the tune....:thumbd:

8. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Theres 2x MCs i really like though. Taz & Beefy. Wikkid!!

9. DarkMK2 Forum Member

:lol: you change your tune pretty quick dont u!;)

[:s] are they big name MCs or not? i've not heard of them[:$] or are they old skool and before my time?

... actually now i think of it Taz may ring a few bells....

10. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

11. DarkMK2 Forum Member

If only i wasn't at work i could wack the sound up[:^(]

12. veedubnutz Forum Junkie

I still like Shabba, Fearless, Det, IC3... also like 3D from breakneck in pompey... however the likes of fatman d, xman, ragga twins etc can get ****ed

13. DarkMK2 Forum Member

Fearless and Det are two of the best IMO too.:thumbup: ... Skibba D is up there with them in my books aswell

Det was at Slinky that time a week or so ago... dont think the grin left my face the whole time he was on:)

:lol: :lol: Just watch those Taz n Beefy vids... Taz cracked me up!! i take it he usually isn't that poor and unclear with his chats, he looked pretty damn mashed!:lol:

14. veedubnutz Forum Junkie

Seen fearless so many times, never disappoints.... and TBH you cant beat the big man Det for sheer presence, he's HUGE! A dynamic duo is him and mampi swift

15. aimee

aimee Forum Member

i like listening to drum and bass too! though i cant really comment too much on who or what i like tho as i dont take notice of whats what really, i just listen! :lol: occasionally go to breakneck in pompey, went to global last year and the dnb tent was pretty damn good from what i can remember. last night i went to was one nation at the carling academy, bristol in march, what a good night that was! :)

16. DarkMK2 Forum Member

I hear exactly what your saying about his size mate, i once shook his hand and it completely devoured my own and i could bearly get my fingers to wrap round:lol: Mampi and IC3 are also good, no wait.. imense, together... saw them down Slinky for my b'day in March. Another banging night, as ever at the Opera House:clap: Kenny Kenn randomly decide to show his face too, made for a nice b'day treat:p

17. veedubnutz Forum Junkie

I think we should form the Club GTI D&B Society :lol:

18. DarkMK2 Forum Member

:lol: Everything is looking good for it mate... go for it!;)

19. mk2madman Forum Member

Cant get enough of DnB several of my mates are DJ's
    And you cant beat the bass on the classics

They released a jungle anthems album recently mixed by micky finn and nicky blackmarket

its been on my MP3 even since it makes me bounce home.
    Before i got rid of the subs i used love late night drives with the stereo kicking it out

Bring back the old school:p

20. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

They are just a couple of random interviews mate. Just regular punters.