Wide track rocco?

Discussion in 'Scirocco' started by DAMIT, Nov 27, 2014.

1. DAMIT Forum Member

So I started to remove the standard engine in my GT2 so that I can fit the 2.0litre 16valve ABF engine and box that I rebuilt earlier this year, and I got to thinking, I'd like to increase the track to improve grip/handling.
    So what are my options?

Wider wheels with a suitable offset, currently running 4 x 100 7J 15" ET24 BBS RZ's, or

Can I use the subframe from the MK3 GTi that the ABF motor came out of to increase the track and if so what do I do to the rear to match this mod.
    I realise that I will by default have to move to 5 stud wheels if the latter option is used.

Any advice greatly appreciated

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

nothing easy for this one, the rocco is mk1 shell based so subframe/wishbones from mk2/3 wont fit. iirc there was a porsche of some kind with similar arms to mk1 but rare to find the one with longer arms. 924 iirc, but only the proper turbo ones perhaps?

3. BenGould New Member

For the rears you could probably make up a plate to go between the rear beam and axle spindle that is the same thickness as the difference between the normal and wider wishbone. Then just bolt it together with suitably longer bolts.
    Maybe a custom made job for the front.
    Wheel arches would be the only issue I can think of. There isn't much room under there at the best of times. Wide arch rieger (reiger?) Body kit? Or again custom job.

Ben.

4. DAMIT Forum Member

Thanks for that guys. Looks like it's going to be wider wheels then

5. fredybender Forum Member