Widetrack Auto?

Discussion in 'Chassis' started by dodgy, Aug 7, 2020.

1. dodgy

dodgy Paid Member Paid Member

Can i fit mk3 gti widetrack setup on a mk2 1.6 auto?
    Wishbone, arb, hubs, shafts and track rods.
    Mad idea, thanks

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

yep will all go, just get the right shafts to match the gearbox you'll end up using

3. dodgy

I'll make up some gauges at 90 and 100 mm to measure inner cv ( bits of wood in a U shape). Was just thinking I could get it all bolted on and set up properly before conversion to manual and 1.8t, and then swap in winter, save buying different wheels.
    Is it possible to swap inner cv on shafts, or is it a case of output flange in gearbox change only?
    ie can you put 90mm cv on 100mm shaft?

4. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

thing is iirc one of the auto shafts is a different length, tbh just leave it till the 20v goes in id say. make sure you have 100m flanges for the 02j box if using the one with the engine

5. dodgy

True, best to build the mk3 subframe up for when swap lump, its o2m to go with 20v, got leon and vrs shafts at back of shed for that, was just my overactive mind thinking get the brakes and suspension on the car for a difference, and tweak ready for the engine.
    Will still measure cv out of interest, but didn't get chance to do the wooden bits today.