X-flow Head

Discussion in '8-valve' started by Matt G, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Matt G Forum Member

How Does Having The Head Of Your Engine X-flowed Improve Performance, Is There And Difference To Ported/polished, Which Is Better?

2. mk1re2000 New Member

the cross flowed head has the inlet ports on the other side of the head away from the exhaust ports.

3. Xiotis Forum Member

Hi I think you may mean How does Gas flowing a head increase performance?

Porting means modifying the internals of the head to enable gas to flow quicker. Once the internals have been ported they are usually polished to make them smoother to help gas flow even quicker.

The faster air goes into your engine and exhaust gases leave your engine = more power.

4. Matt G Forum Member

x-flowing is simply just the lay-out of the head then. forgive my ignorance, i read it somewhere and the wording seemed to sugguest it was a modification.

5. fthaimike Forum Addict

If you look at the early 8v engines these have the inlet & outlet at the back of the engine but the 16v's have the inlet at the front which also makes it easier to run ITB's or carbs & they wont soak any heat up from the hot manifold at the back of the engine.