Do you ever get the feeling you know something is going to happen?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by PhatVR6, May 28, 2007.

1. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

My old girl was a nurse, she says there was always a huge jump in admissions to casualty on a full moon.
    Mostly werewolf bites mind, but still an increase in "normal" accidents, as well.

2. EZ_Pete

EZ_Pete Forum Junkie

TBH most of these strange feelings that precede notable events are remembered, whereas the strange feelings that don't come to anything are forgotten ('cos there's nothing to remember). Simple as that.

Werewolf bites can be a bit alarming, but Savlon heals 'em pretty quick.

Lunar influence on all animals probably is a genuine case of these 'wierdnesses' though, wish I could explain that.

3. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

Lunar influence as well known. Where you do you think the word "Lunatic" comes from? not to mention vampires and werewolves, just exaggerated stories of people going loopy over the years do to the effects of the moon.

Are you telling me you never feel the high pressure when there's a storm coming? ALL creatures can feel these signs, we are very sensitive to pressure, magnetic fields , etc etc. we just don't take a blind bit of nitce as we are all too hooked up on what's going on in the material world.

As has been mentioned, we are born with these abilites, just no one shows us how to use them, so before we know how to train them they get lost in our subconscious.

Did anyone ever buy the weekly mag called The X Factor (yeah, bad name!!) years ago? I got every single issue. some truly amazing stuff in that about the paranormal, psychics, ghosts, ufo's, conspiracies, legends. You name it, it coevered it.

4. fthaimike Forum Addict

There was one like that back in the 80's all about paranormal & self combustion etc..think it was something like the unexplained?

5. K'Reg Forum Member

Wow guys interesting thread.

I'm an identical twin, I feel linked with my brother in an unexplainable way. Its like I know when he's thinking about me, on many many occaisions we will phone each other at exactly the same time, or start to sing the same song at the same line at the same time, or even meet for a drink and be wearing almost the same clothes.
    We even bought the same sort of car in the same colour (red XR2i with pepperpot alloys) on the same day although I was at Birmingham Uni and he was at Newcastle (many moons ago).

I belive that we are more than individuals, but its really hard to explain.

6. harry_the_cake Forum Junkie

I just can't believe in fate. A world already mapped out, surely not?

Good point about periferal vision/senses etc. Hadn't thought about that one before.

Slight deviation, I tried dabbling in astral projection after talking with a friend about a few experiences she had. I thought it might place me a little more in touch with the world around me. Although I failed miserably as I wasn't able to relax enough.
    Anyone else tried it, or know about remote viewing?

7. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

Very common thing with identical twins that.

Adds more fuel to the "fate" theory? you hear stories of twons seperated at birth, yet meet up years later, and have lived spookily similar lives, even down to marrying partners with the same names and stuff.

8. fthaimike Forum Addict

Yeah i heard about that, do you think it's because physicaly they share so much in common that their brains are even more similar? so they tend to have the same internal likes, dislikes, words etc & this causes them to journey along paths they are more comfortable with.

9. sutherlandm Forum Junkie

I dreamt my wife miscarried (in very early pregnancy) early this year and told her about my nasty dream.
    Later that day she did - very wierd and pretty horrible.

But 15 weeks pregnant now and all seems okay.

10. vw_singh Events Team Paid Member

My grandmother predicted her own time of death about 1 week prior to it. Stated the time and date. Then she remained calm, didn't say much and didn't panic. She was suffering from lung cancer. Not the 1st case of this I have heard of.

Gurds

11. thegolfman Forum Member

Nothing particularly spooky or supernatural happens to me... Had a few times Ive grabbed the phone and someones rang, Or started singing a song at the exact line as someone else near me.

Actually come to think about it, something Ive been thinking since I was young is hearing a word for the first time ever and then hearing it a few times in the same day.
    I was only 5 or 6 when someone in school was saying I had a 'crush' on someone and it was the first time I had ever heard the word. I went home and that night while watching gladiators my dad said I had a crush on one of them.

This has happened plenty of times throughout my life... Even recently Someone will say something and Ill think 'I havent heard that word in ages' and someone in the same day will say the exact same thing. I think it might be to do with subconsciously taking note of the word and when its heard again your brain pays more attention to it the second time.

In exactly the same way there seems to be 100's of mk2's on the road nowadays. Because I drive one, im allways on the lookout for 'em.

Ive found this thread a brilliant read. Its got me thinking theres alot we really dont know/cant explain fully. Ill be buying that book aswell, Its been ages since Ive had a good read.

12. GTIAndy Forum Member

Phatty you mention the noise from the printer annoying you etc. that is just simple acoustics, a noise does not have to be loud to be annoying. Sometimes when you hone in on a sound you cant get it out of your head. Like how you can suddenly here a clock ticking in a room when you havnt noticed it before but once you have noticed it you cant get it out your head. Your ear drums pick up lots of sound but filters it out so that you dont hear it conciously. Annoyance of sound is more based on Frequancy than power level at the highest and lowest ends of the dB range.

Anyway, you guys ever read of the experiments done years ago using massive base to make people collapse? disrupts the hearts rythm or something like that! Remember reading about it years ago.

andy

13. Dubya Forum Junkie

Nothing spooky at all about that.

Predicting the actions of other road users is a skill that most people have, because you have seen similar situations on numerous occasions before. This information is stored in the brain, and when you see a car in a certain position or behaving in a certain way your brain immediately matches that up with what has happened before in the same situation and you react accordingly.

Have you aver noticed how some people have a very high number of accidents on the road, even though those accidents aren't their fault, whilst others very rarely have an accident? The people who have a large number of accidents are the people whose brain does not connect the position and behaviour of a vehicle with what is going to happen next, and therefore they don't react to other vehicles and avoid them.

Fate is a load of rubbish too. Everything that happens to a person is the direct consequence of their own actions and the actions of people around them. I personally think that a belief in fate is a persons inability to take responsibility for their actions. Some will say that anything that bad happens, it happens for a reason, and there is nothing that can be done about it, but in every single case, if you really look at a situation you will find that the bad thing happened because of a choice that person made, or because a choice made by another person had an influence on them.

14. Alfa_Delta Forum Member

I've known certain things would happen and in a certain order but I can't explain why.

Also, the morning my Mk1 Campaign got smacked by a Merc van before getting banana'd round the back of a Pug 406, I knew it was going to happen. Can't tell you why.

I woke up and started getting ready for work. I was starting a new job that morning. I went into the bathroom and had this strange feeling in my head - was basically this - "If you leave the house now you'll get to work today. If you go to the loo you'll not get to work till tomorrow."

I really needed the loo. Ten minutes later I was looking at the wrecked remains of my Mk1 whilst phoning work to say I wasn't going to make it in til tomorrow.

It's not the first thing like that that's happened to me either.

I don't believe in god or anything like that BUT I do believe that the human brain relies on quantum particles at it's base level and as any scientist will tell you, quantum particles aren't constrained to a linear time line.

15. fthaimike Forum Addict

quantam physics the answer to filling in the gaps we dont understand :lol:

16. fthaimike Forum Addict

quantam physics the answer to filling in the gaps we dont understand :lol:

does my head in when they say one thing can be doing everything at the same time [:s] .

17. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

here's one tha will do your head in then.

"time doesn't pass, we pass through time. everything coexists, we just pass through it and only see a part of it."

a guy i used to work with put it a good way. imagine you are in a huge, dense forest. you can only see y our pathway. but every now and then you see a glimpse of another pathway, with someone else in a different timeline, or maybe yourself on a cross in the path.

anyway, here's another weird one for you. i have been busy working on my motorbike for the past year or so (i crashed it at the isle of man last year and was very lucky to get away with minor injuries).

I've changed the front end to an R1 setup. Being tight and lazy I was going to re use the old steering bearings. I stripped them down for a clean, but they were a little bit worn. I decided to use them anyway as I really wanted the bike done. Bad idea of course!

Totally inexplicably, the bottom outer race just went missing. I tore the whole garage apart for 2 hours looking for it. Then I gave up, took it to be another "sign" and resigned myself to buying new ones.

I finally got the bike in a rideable state tonight, but put it back in the garage as it was getting too late to go out on it.

I went in the house, started getting undressed to go in the bath, and what do i see right next the phone in the bedroom!?!

THE SODDING BEARING RACE!!!!!

and guess what, it's chewed up to hell (but I'd have probably still used it if i'd found it.....)

no idea where it has been all these weeks, or why it never turned up, or how it even got there! but I'm so glad I decided (r rater somebody decided for me) not to cut corners and reuse them.

18. fthaimike Forum Addict

& time isn't infinite in at least one direction

19. red 8V Forum Member

its mapped , fixed , a hard copy of your life.

20. EZ_Pete

EZ_Pete Forum Junkie

And who said "the drugs don't work"?!