My mkIV Golf ~ UPDATES! *Small update - new pics* Pg6

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by jedi_stylie, Aug 11, 2007.

1. Salmon New Member

I think you made a good buy;)

2. jedi_stylie Forum Member

cheers gents.

dont worry, those bad boys are greased to the max!

KY of the car world!

3. jedi_stylie Forum Member

hi all,

so, like i said earlier i wanted to put on a new ARB as the standard one is rubbin on my driveshaft. thankfully my mate Mark managed to track me down the only Whiteline ARB available in the UK. good lad! Whiteline need to get off their bum and get producing! these bad boys are AWESOME! at the mo its 6-8 weeks wait for the UK.

anyway, he is also a bloody good mechanic and me and him (mainly him) fitted it this morning in about 45mins. we had a ramp, which made this easy job even easier. thanks mark!

here is a Whitline ARB;

[​IMG]

its bloody fantastic! feels better now and no more annoying (and dangerous) grinding!

so by this time its about 10.30am and we head off to the Bug Boogie down the road at Wellington Country Park.

this is where i get mixed response...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and the final product!

[​IMG]

this is Simon from Nefarious Pinstriping. he drives a spanking new beetle and as you can see is pretty handy with a paintbrush. he can be found at most No-Rice meets (2nd Wednesday of the month @ ladymead retail park Guildford) or @ www.pinstriping.co.uk

thats it for now. next will be a big brake upgrade, dunno exactly what yet. followed shortly by a sesh at Revo. but probably not till the new year.

Luke

4. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

45mins to fit an ARB? is it an easy job then? i had the impression that it would be uber hard as the subframe has to come down etc. im debating on fitting my own when i get one

5. jedi_stylie Forum Member

we had it up on a ramp. 4 bolts for the sub frame, 4 for the streering rack, 1 engine mount bolt and 2 small bolts that hold the bushes on. the frame comes down. then the drop link bolts. take out the old ARB and reverse.

it was in a work shop with an air gun and so on. but not hard when you have a ramp.

6. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

omg... i think its a job i really HAVE to do now.

maybe im being blonde here, but when the 4 bolts for the subframe are off, surely the subframe together with engine want to fall on the floor? whats supporting it after that?

7. jedi_stylie Forum Member

na it hangs on the drive shafts. it does drop, so dont be in the way! but only about 20cm or so. and the engine has 2 other engine mounts so that doesnt fall, but it is worryingly wobly when you remove that singular bolt (dogbone mount i think its called)

8. jedi_stylie Forum Member

nobody else have an opinion?

9. Paul_TDi Forum Member

Love the stance on that, think I may have to get some spacers for mine, makes all the difference.

Shame I can't afford the suspension yet though.

Great looking car, not sure about the fuel cap thing though....

10. jedi_stylie Forum Member

cheers, im not sure about it yet either! only 30 so not the end of the world

11. jedi_stylie Forum Member

new pics after Oxford Ed. 07

Hi all,

Just wanted too add the latest pics i took today after Oxford Edition. I couldnt resist once i saw the sun coming down. The pics where taken at Wokefield golf course near Reading.

so this is how she stands today...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks to Nosaj (uk-mkiv's) ill soon have 4mo front brakes, which will help me stop when i get Revo'd in the new year. Then i seriously need to stop this lark and just drive the thing! lol

Ta,

Luke

12. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

Lovely!! I think next thing is to 'fatten' your front bumper up, maybe a different spliter or even an R32 bumper?
    [​IMG]

13. 0420Dubber Forum Member

I must say I love this car in the flesh even more. ;) Loved the pics you posted before but after seeing it yesterday at Oxford Edition. Top job mate. :clap: And my opinion on the pin striping. When I first saw the pictures I thought oh no WTF what has he done? but whilst roaming around Ox Ed your registration plate grabbed my attention so went over for a closer look. I knew that plate for some reason. So went over to see if it had the pin stripping on the fuel flap because as you know I have mistaken your car for the Y 18T at stoner. Sure enough it had the pin stripping so I knew I had the right car this time. I must say it looks alot better in real life than on the pictures. Cracking photo's too. Saved them to my hard drive in my folder I call Nice Dubs. Yours is the first MK4 to be saved so far. ;) :clap:

14. m47k Forum Member

i love your wheels,
    i agree some sort of kit could look nice mybe a anni one or somthing to beef it up abit

15. jedi_stylie Forum Member

thanks for your comments guys!

1990 - dont say that! lol im trying not to do much to do bodywork, thats when i get proper carried away and spend ! lol

0420dubber - thanks mate! it was nice to meet you, im glad youve seen it for real now. the pinstriping is quite suttle in the metal. it doesnt stand out as much as it seems in the pics. and thanks for adding me to your file!

m47k - a splitter has been a posibility for a while. i was thinking of a 4mo one. but i doubt that would beef it up at all... at least they arnt very expensive!

thanks again,
    Luke

16. jedi_stylie Forum Member

time for the next and final stage befor the remap!

thanks to a member on uk-mkivs.net (Nosaj) i am now the proud owner of 4motion front brakes!
    so that'll be Calipers, Carriers, Vented disks and Green Stuff pads! oooh yes.

[​IMG]

he packed em up very well as you can see and he even gave the calipers a fresh coat of paint! what a gent. and all for 200 +30 delivery!

cant wait to get these fitted!
    Luke

17. Tspec

Tspec Forum Member

your cars coming on nicely mate, look forward to hearing what they feel like fitted as ive been lookin at doing the same.good job!

18. jedi_stylie Forum Member

thanks mate,
    the feel im after is "involentarily having to headbutt the windscreen". [8-}] lol

hope thats what i get

Luke

19. Seraph Banned

Not a bad deal, although a colleague of Nosaj's would have sold you a basically new set for about the same (minus green pads though!)

20. jedi_stylie Forum Member

aaw, dont pee on my cornflakes!