My Silver Mk2 and Corrado R32

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by kipvr, Mar 7, 2010.

1. kipvr Forum Member

Thanks mate, It's taken me over two years, as i just can't find the time, with two babies and a new house and no garage of my own, just a shed in the garden to bring bits back to! Unfortunately i can't weld ally, going to learn soon though..

2. Jay 16V Forum Member

Your misses must really love you :thumbup:

Still, cant say enough, top job [:D]

3. Dan W

Dan W CGTI Regional Host

This has got magazine feature written all over it, the best finished and most detailed corrado i've seen, truely amazing!

4. kipvr Forum Member

Thanks for the kind words buddy, the paintwork lets it down at the moment, funnily enough i was going through some old stuff and discovered an old copy of PVW from 1999ish (just finished uni) with a feature of a Mk1 cab G60 I did in it, my finishing words were that i'd like to own a Corrado one day and modify it along similar lines, little did i know!

Found some pics[​IMG][/IMG][​IMG][/IMG]

5. kipvr Forum Member

Ayye she does!!! I've only been married a couple of years, but she knew what I was like before we hooked up:):)

6. Dan W

Dan W CGTI Regional Host

I remember that cab! I think i've got that issue somewhere still as well, a really neat g60 install, even by todays standard. Whats wrong with the corrado paint? looks mint in the pics

7. jamiehol Forum Member

Is that rear view mirror out of a Range Rover ?

8. kipvr Forum Member

You've kept them from that far back!!! no way! those were the days when you could spend months doing a car and not have much else going on to worry about, but I was so skint then too so it's swings and roundabouts!

There are a few car park dings, one of which is on the os rear wheel arch, so not sure if a dentman can get to it, and then there are two on the ns door, but the main thing is the bonnet paint, it's gone hazed, but I'm going to try and flat and polish it out when i've got it on.

9. kipvr Forum Member

No it's an auto dimming e36 one, but I may change it for an e46 one with the clowns nose on it, so that i don't have to house an alarm led somewhere on the dash, it flashes nicely too!

10. jamiehol Forum Member

Ah looks almost identical to the one in my P38 thats all but then BMW did own Land Rover at the time I suppose.

E46 one would look neat with the alarm LED built in.

11. Richard Mk2

Richard Mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

Two great Vws you own there.

The MK2 looks great, as does the Corrado with that conversion. I bet that goes well...

Top work mate!!! :thumbup:

12. Admin Guest

thats an impressive build!

13. Vento Mike Forum Junkie

Very nice...clever fooker!

14. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

incredible attention to detail and workmanship, hats off to you.

15. kipvr Forum Member

Again thanks for the praise!

Phat, note the washer bottle's in its standard place just where it should be :lol:

16. barny Forum Member

Nice cars fella, cant beat a silver mk2 ;):thumbup:

My Old one
    [​IMG]

And the daily
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  17. kipvr Forum Member

Yeah silver Mk2's are the way forward!!

I've just fitted some Eibach's and Bilstein B4's and it's noticeably better. I've also bought a complete Ernst exhaust system to put it back to standard as i want to make it as quiet as possible. Also on the look out for some Hella top tints if anyone has some? My Jetex which is about two months old will be up for sale soon too.

Been busy on the Corrado too, it's now running now, but still have a few ECU issues to sort out. A few sunny day pics. Fitted a Mk2 Scuttle cover, new soundproofing and a machine polish....[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

18. WOLFE Forum Member

Amazing:thumbup:

Excellent Work

Great Pic's:)

19. kipvr Forum Member

Been working on the Mk2...

PAS Fitted, along with another downpipe which is finally sorted the leaking sound. In my view Bosal exhausts are a complete waste of money.

I had a new alternator put in when I broke down on the A303 last month, it lasted all of two weeks until the bearings ran dry... So I decided to fit a MK3 setup with all the PAS gear on it and the ribbed belts. So much better and all done for peanuts. The PAS makes the car feel much more nimble, and my wife can now park it in town!

I also fitted a new water pump whilst I was at it, and re-trimmed my headliner in black brushed nylon material, looks great now. Next on the list is to fit the rest of the ernst exhaust system and finally sort out putting speakers in the doors where the pockets are. Pics of the day......
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. coullstar Forum Member

Mk2 and Corrado, perfect combination ;):thumbup:.